Thursday, August 3, 2006

What a crazy week....

                 Preview

These are home health remedies that have been emailed to me or that I found on the Internet.  I have not tried them all and do NOT guarantee the effectiveness of them.  If you try one and it works, or if you have one that works for you, please email me.  Thanks.

 
Stomach Ache
  • A simple cure for a stomachache is to dissolve 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon in 1 cup warm water, cover and let sit for 15 minutes, then drink it like tea. This remedy can also ease diarrhea and flatulence.

Wow...what a week!  Let's see there has been this icky heat wave thing going on, it's been in the high 90's add the heat index to it and they say it feels more like 106 or there abouts.  John (bil) and his wife Cathy (sil and friend) closed on their house last Thursday, we all worked on it over the weekend and spent all day Tuesday getting all their stuff moved in (I think the heat index that day was like 107). 

Yesterday I took Rylie to the pool, Cathy, Courtney and Bub (Johns kids) went with us.  I slathered the sun block on Rylie, but we were there for 3 hours because it was so cooling, so her little cheeks ended up getting burned.  I forgot how reflective the water is.  Every time I look at those red little cheeks I feel bad.  Next time I'm going to rub the lotion in like I usually do, but then I'll add another layer of some that I don't rub in, a final coat of thick...naw, I can't do that, because then with the water splashing it will probably get in her eyes.  I'll just have to make sure to put 2 real good coats of lotion on her little cheeks.

The good news is that the heat wave seems to have broken.  At this very moment I can hear the thunder crashing outside.  Which is a bit weird because the rain hasn't started yet.  Of course, the downside to that...ahhh, there comes the rain...that should really cool us off.  Anyway, they are already posting flash flood warnings for us again.  OMG, that is so not what we need.  So many people have had their homes flooded around here.  It seems like it rains, floods people's homes.  Then it's fairly dry for a few weeks, just enough for them to get things dry and start to get cleaned up and then we have another torrential downpour and they get flooded again.  What a crazy summer!

So in between helping fix up John and Cathys new home, helping them move in and taking care of Rylie, it has just seemed like I haven't had anytime to get on here and do my regular entries.  I've had very little time to sit and work on my graphics either. 

It seems like I get things cleaned up from dinner, finish a few chores and then I am just ready to go to bed.  Yeah...I'm talking 8:30pm!  I feel like a little kid again...I want my afternoon nap!  LOL  Oh heck, I'd be thrilled if Rylie took an afternoon nap.

Okey dokey...I'm feeling a bit guilty for not getting things done on here.  How about I throw a smootie recipe at ya'll?  This came in my email from the Spark People website.

Fresh Hawaiian Smoothie

Serves: 2

Cool, refreshing, and great for you! Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup mango, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup cantaloupe, fresh or frozen
1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup pineapple juice (or more to thin)

DIRECTIONS
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 10 seconds or until smooth.

NUTRITION INFO
Calories: 134
Fat: 0.6 g
Carbohydrates: 32.9 g
Protein: 1.4 g

Doesn't that sound yummy?  Okay, ya'll know where my mind is going...well, if you've been here enough before you know.  It has to do with a bottle of Coconut rum, a cabana boy and some tanning lotion.  Oops, I've never mentioned the tanning lotion before, have I?  Shhh, don't tell, lol.

This is the email I got yesterday from the My Daily OM.  Some of ya'll may think of this as hocus pocus or just plain silly.  Me?  I think it would be a great way to start each and every day.  Just a way to get centered and ready to go at the day and whatever it may bring. 

August 2, 2006
An Invitation To Love
Angel Meditation

Though your host of spirit guides encompasses many diverse beings, all of which willingly watch over you, meditating with angels can be a uniquely insightful experience. The angels stationed at your side are both powerful and knowledgeable-they possess a limitless understanding of your needs and desires, your strengths and weaknesses, and your purpose. However, angels take an active part in our lives only when invited to do so. Meditation allows you to make contact with your angels and lovingly request that they participate actively in your day-to-day life.

To begin, retreat to a solitary place where you won't be distracted by concerns. Incense and candlelight may aid you in achieving a meditative state but are not necessary. However, laying an image of an angel, angel statue, or item symbolizing your angels before you can focus your thoughts. Sit comfortably, breathe deeply, and let yourself relax. When you feel peaceful, invite your angels from the highest of light to sit with you as you meditate. Mentally repeat your request and reiterate that this time together is important to you. Then, in your mind's eye, visualize a bright-white light floating above you. As you breathe, draw this light first into the crown of your head and then into the whole of your physical self. Allow this light to spread through your arms and hands, your core, and your lower body. Repeat this integration of illumination with a violet light.

Once again, ask your angels to be with you. Let the stillness surrounding you enter your soul, and open your heart to your angel guides. If they wish to communicate a message, they will do so now. Allow them to wrap their wings around you and infuse you with their bountiful love. Breathe them in as you did the light. As the meditation draws to a close, you may feel a presence, fluttering wings, or billowing fabric, or you may see an angel in your mind's eye. Thank them for providing you with love and light, and being with you as you meditated. If you don't sense or feel anything, there is no cause for worry-you can be certain your angels are with you. Don't be surprised if you start to see signs throughout the day that your angels are near, perhaps a feather at your doorstep. As you practice this meditation, you will become increasingly adept at recognizing when your angels are near and sensing their presence.

I don't think it matters whether or not  you believe in angels, God or a higher being.  I think meditation can really help a person clear their mind and get centered.  As a matter of fact, since Rylie Jo is still sleeping, I think I will sit and meditate for a bit as soon as I finish reading my mail and sign off the computer. 

LOL, with my luck and as tired as I have been...I'll probably fall asleep sitting on the floor.  There is something about the sound of rain and thunder outside that makes me feel all safe and cozy.  Isn't that crazy?  I love storms though, especially rain storms in the summer.  I love to walk in a warm rain.  It just feels wonderful.

Oh, a quick note on my vertigo.  It seems to be a bit better, or maybe I am just getting used to it.  It doesn't seem as bad as it's been and much less frequent.  But I finally nailed down the "metallic" taste in my mouth.  I was helping Cathy clean the new house when it hit me.  It isn't exactly metallic.  It is more like when you put a 9 volt battery on your tongue to test to see if it's still got juice.  THAT is the taste!  It is pretty much constant these days.  Sometimes it is much stronger and other times it's barely there, but still pretty much there all the time.  Yuck! 

I do have an appointment to see the dentist on the 16th of this month.  I have a feeling they are going to want to yank my crown off and re-root around on that one tooth.  I hope they can re-use that crown though, otherwise there is not way I am going to be able to afford to do it.  I also hope that is the cause of this nasty battery mouth.  That feeling just needs to end.

Well I am off to finish my mail and then go meditate for a bit.  Have a great day.

Hugs,
Preview

No comments: