- Dab a small amount of toothpaste (paste, not gel) on pimples before bed; this helps dry out the pimples.
- Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and rose water, apply to face with a cotton ball, and allow to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing. 15-20 days of this application helps cure pimples and also helps to remove blemishes and scars.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area overnight. Wash off with warm water next morning.
- For acne that hasn't seemed to respond to anything, steep 2-3 tsp. dried basil leaves in 1 cup boiling water for 10-20 minutes, cool, and apply to affected area with a cotton ball.
- Apply a dab of honey to the pimple, cover with a band-aid and leave on overnight. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin, sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight. * My daughter and I have tried this one and we think it works.
- Paint Elmers glue onto face, let dry and then peel off and see the black heads and dead skin. (*Much cheaper than those strips they sell in the stores!)
I decided to eat later in the day this year because the kids have their other parents, grandparents and their boy/girlfriends parents houses to go to on the holidays. For example, ours was the 4th place that Sammi and her boyfriend, Matt, had been that day. Unfortunately, this year as it got darker and colder, a real nasty fog started. So Aimee and her friend, Robert, were unable to make it down from Michigan.
David and Christopher (my sons) ended up spending the whole weekend with us. It was a real good time. Rylie usually doesn't get to spend a whole lot of time with her brothers and sisters because they are so much older and have a lot going on. School, work, boy/girlfriends, etc. So she had a blast. She really attached herself to Chris. LOL, the poor kid...when she wasn't making him give her piggy backs around the house she had him watching Ice Age or some other kids movie with her.
Friday night all of the kids were back here at the house. Except for Sammi and Matt. We ended up taking them all to the Golden Corral, one of those big buffet places. We had never been there before. We were fairly impressed. Since it was Friday they had steak, and it was actually quite good. Christopher ate 3 big steaks! OhMahGosh! I don't know where he put them, and then he hit the dessert bar twice, I think.
Saturday we ended up having a bunch of people over again. We were supposed to be playing dice, but it ended up turning into a little party and after a while the dice game was abandoned. Chris got tired and went to bed around 11 or 12, which meant that Rylie's movie partner wasn't around and she was attached to me from that point on.
I think the party pretty much broke up around 1am or so, although some of the fools, who brains seem to dissolve in alcohol, ended up at the bar. There's a real good way to spoil a fun evening and make spouses think twice about whether or not they want to come over the next time we have a get together.
Sunday everyone slept in. I got up and finally went and got started on some Christmas shopping. I found some toy kitchen pots and pans for Rylie. Maybe she'll leave mine alone if she has her own to play with while I'm cooking. I also found some little toy plates and a tea set. I want to get her a little kitchen. But I've decided I don't like those bulky plastic ones, and I ended up finding a real nice wooden one at Target. It is real cute, but it is also $79.99. I don't know. This is one of those times I wish I had a wood shop, lol.
The rest of Sunday was spent cleaning up from the night before and just hanging around watching movies and what not. All in all, it was a pretty good weekend.
Red Dye Stains
- For red food dye stains on counters, like those left by drinks, use straight rubbing alcohol, enough to puddle on the stain. Leave it for several minutes and wipe away. Use a sudsy cleaner on counter after.