Thursday, February 9, 2006

Thursday is health tip day

Sheesh, I take one week off and I forget my entire routine.  Thursday is my day for health tips, not Tuesday.  Well, I am getting myself back on track and doing another home remedy today.  Sorry about that.

        Preview

These are home health remedies that have been emailed to me or that I found on the Internet.  I have not tried them all and do NOT guarantee the effectiveness of them.  If you try one and it works, or if you have one that works for you, please email me.  Thanks.              

Dry Skin

  • Combine 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup warm water, 1 Tbs. vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup baking soda in a blender or food processor until you have a smooth paste. Pour this paste under the running water while drawing the bath. Very soothing to dry, itchy skin.
  • To relieve dry patches, massage in vegetable shortening like Crisco.  Sounds gross, but it is emollient rich and full of vitamins and replenishing oils.  It is also preservative and fragrance free.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone wanna pool their pennies with me and see if we can come up with the $18.6 million to buy our own fantasy island?  It is completely undeveloped though.  Cripes, for that kind of money you think it would at least have a bath and a half, lol.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another good place to go for recipes and toreceive coupons (to print out) via e-mail, is the Nestle site.  The send me links to check out recipes and to print out coupons.  Check it out if you like to bake, or just want some new ideas or coupons.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a fantastical (lol) Thursday!

HUGS!

~Jill Marie

 

No comments: