A great obstacle to happiness is expecting too much happiness.
- Bernard de Fontanelle, French writer
Happiness is a state of mind, not a way of life or a destination that you'll reach one day. Bumps in the road of life are to be expected, and we cannot let them ruin our days. We often think that if a combination of factors would just fall into place THEN we would finally be happy. Satisfaction can only come from within, through truly accepting yourself, your life, and your circumstances. During this life you'll have many hard days--long work days, sleepless nights, worrying about the future, etc. This week, think about the joys of your life. Find creative ways to enjoy the little bumps in the road.
My list of some of some of the JOYS in my life, the things that make it worthwhile for me to wake up every morning.
1. God's love
2. Rylie Jo-my baby
3. Christopher-my baby boy (can I call him that when he will be 15 in 2 1/2 weeks?)
4. Samantha-myoldest daughter
5. David-my eldest child
6. Ray-my love
7. My mom and the gift of her life and survival of cancer
8. Rays girls-Stephanie & Aimee (it's been a journey, but I've grown from the experience and I'm thankful they have been a part of my life)
9. Little Miss Aubreigh-our first grand baby and a real beauty
10. My friends and the happiness and sanity they often bring to me
11. My creativity and the fun that I have doing special little things
12. My quirky need for order and organization (it makes me who I am and I love that)
14. Driving with the window open and the wind blowing across my face
16. Cooking and baking
17. Making homemade jam (I feel so old-fashioned and fulfilled when I finish a batch of homemade jellies)
18. Is it really possible that I was going to write "laundry" here? LMAO! Okay, that is stretching it, but I am thankful for the fact that we actually have those clothes that need to be washed. Some people don't.
Ahh, did I get off track again? I was supposed to be writing about my joys and I think it went off onto what I am thankful for. Well, they're two pretty closely related issues and many, if not all, of them would be on both lists.
I hope ya'll had a pleasant day.