Thursday, April 19, 2007

Home remedy, potty training, and aol

Spring is quickly approaching, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

                      Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a little information which may prove useful if you go camping or walking through woods or some other nature type of area.  The following information is, uh...icky, but important.  It comes from this First Aid site.

Chiggers are different from other mites, in that they feed on humans and other animals only in the larval stage. The adults and nymphs feed on vegetable matter, insect eggs, and other insects.

When humans come in contact with infested grass or other vegetation, the chigger larvae get onto the skin and travel until they meet an obstacle like a waistband. At this point, they attach to the skin and begin to feed. After feeding for three to four days, the larvae drop off the body to continue their growth cycle. While feeding, the larvae secrete a fluid which causes intense itching. Within twenty-four hours of attachment, a reddened area up to one inch in diameter will appear, which may be accompanied by a blister. Continued itching is usually due to a delayed sensitivity reaction which may persist for several weeks.

Chigger Bites
  • The affected area should be kept clean by washing with soap and water.
  • A topical hydrocortisone cream, antihistamine, or local anesthetic may be of value in reducing the itching. Consult your physician or pharmacist.
  • The wounds should not be scratched, if possible. Clip fingernails short to limit damage to the skin.
  • If signs of infection occur, consult your physician.
Although the site says that home remedies will probably prove to be useless, I wanted to give you an option.  One home remedy recommends that you try using Preparation H for some relief.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Today I am on what I call my "Last Nerve".  Rylie is in one of her moods today and we just seem to be butting heads...and it's only 10am.  Ohhhmahgosh!  It is going to be a loooooooooong day.  At the moment, she is walking around butt naked because she refuses to wear the big girl panties that I want her to.  She keeps asking for a diaper.  "No Ma'am!  Big girls wear big girl panties."
 
So the (baking) timer is set for every 20 minutes.  It rings and she goes and sits on the potty chair.  My luck with this so far has been that she has tinkled in the potty maybe twice and one poo-poo (that really had her looking confused).  However, usually she tinkles either 5 minutes before, or 5 minutes after the timer goes off.  I mean it can go off, she goes and sits...nothing.  And then 5 minutes later she is peeing on the carpet. 
 
I have to go...she is standing next to me whining.  Like I said...it's going to be a loooooooooong day.  Wish me luck and patience, because I am really going to need it.
 
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!  Talk about needing patience!  Not only a whining 3 year old, but I had to come to my journal 4 times before it gave me my edit buttons, then when I clicked on "add entry" it kept giving me various error messages.  It took me 10-15 minutes to able to post an entry.
 
Matter of fact, I am gonna copy and paste this into an email to myself, just in case AOL proves to be its usual self. 
 
I hope you have a better day than the wee bit of morning I am having so far.
Hugs!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man i think i can wait for the potty training...wishing you luck and lots of patience! lol
em