Here are a few recipes for you. They sound kind of yummy.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce
Tomato juice, lemons, and mushrooms flavor this chicken recipe the lower salt and lower fat way.
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
4 chicken breasts, boned, skinless (5 oz.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock, skim fat from top
1/2 lemon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Mix together pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
3. To the skillet, add tomato juice and stir until heated. Add juice, stock, and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced.
4. Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken.
5. Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
6. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Fat: 5.6 g
Carbohydrates: 35.5 g
Protein: 8.2 g
Apple and Pork Stir-fry with Ginger
Serving Size: 2 oz. cooked pork per serving
Featured in the revised edition of The New American Plate. Printed with permission from the American Institute for Cancer Research.
2 Tbsp. peach jam, preferably fruit sweetened
2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1-1/2 tsp. dark toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh ginger root
1/2 pound (8 ounces) pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
1-1/2 tsp. canola oil
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
2 firm apples, such as Fuji or Gala, cut into one-inch pieces
1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In small bowl, combine jam, soy sauce, water and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. In large non-stick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium high heat. Add pork and ginger and stir-fry until pork is browned and just cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Transfer pork and ginger to bowl with slotted spoon. Add canola oil to skillet. Stir-fry peppers, water chestnuts, and apples until peppers are crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
4. Add pork back to skillet along with scallions. Stir-fry 30 seconds. Add jam mixture. Continue to stir-fry 30 seconds to one minute, or until sauce thickens. Season to taste with black pepper.
Fat: 7.5 g
Carbohydrates: 41.2 g
Protein: 18.6 g
Have a good day!