Monday, December 11, 2006

A stew recipe

 I need to get on here, post this and then go.  I've got to go get my blood work done, I've been putting it off and putting it off.  I even got a letter from the doctors office last week telling me they needed me to get it done.  And I thought they didn't care, lol.  I was going to do it when I went to get my prescriptions, but...well, there is not good excuse.  I just didn't do it.  So, here is the recipe.  I'm off to get Rylie around and then go get the blood drawn.  Have a good one! 
 
Kielbasa Stew
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Ingredients
4 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
3 cups peeled, cubed potato
1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
1 pound cooked kielbasa, sliced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth  
Directions
1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine cabbage, potato, and carrots. Top with kielbasa. Sprinkle basil, thyme, and pepper over kielbasa. Pour chicken broth over all.

2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. Makes 4 or 5 servings.

No comments: