Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Good Morning!  Today's tip is one that every mother of a child needs at one time or another.  I know I've had to use it a few times. 

                 Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Gum dried onto carpet: Place a bowl of ice over the gum and let sit till the gum becomes hard, take a hammer and hit the gum.  It should break apart and come off the carpet.  If that doesn't work, try dry cleaners solvent, pour a small amount onto a rag and rub over the gum, it should come right out of the carpet.

I think I've also heard that if you spray WD-40 on, it comes right off.  Also "Goo Gone" is suppose to be good for removing gum.  I know I keep it around the house for all kinds of "sticky" situations.

Now if your son stuck gum in his sisters hair, that is an entirely different situation.  Luckily for me, none of my kids ever got gum stuck in their hair.  {{{Knock wood}}} because Rylie loves to chew gum.  But I've heard that using peanut butter is really good for taking gum out of hair.  Um, creamy peanut butter, not chunky...ewww! 

Well, yesterday the doctor adjusted a few prescriptions and added one.  From the test results and because of my extreme fatigue, he seems to think that I have heart disease.  Yeah, I figured something along that line, the same as my dad.  I am suppose to remove ALL salt from the house.  I'm not supposed to even cook with it.  No pickles or anything in salt water.  No chips, nothing salty!  Ugh, I love salt!  He also wants me to go back to walking 2 miles a day. 

He said that the only way to really tell if a woman has heart disease is to do a heart catherization.  He say's that a stress test isn't really reliable.  I am NOT having one.  I'll make the adjustments and hope for the best.  And pray.  Lots. 

Have a wonderful day
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: