Friday, June 29, 2007

TGIF!

Good Morning and Happy Happy Friday!  I've been listening to this stuff about the car bomb that was found in London.  The car was filled with gas, a detonator and nails to fly out as scrapnel when the car exploded.  How crazy is this?  The story is here> Official: Diffused Bomb in Central London Would Have Caused Significant Damage

Even more crazy is that the people who do these kind of things (usually) use religion as an excuse for killing innocent people.  Huh?!  That is just plain idiotic!  What kind of religion or "God" asks you to maim and kill people?  Excuse me, but I am not interested in any religion that is based on hatred, maiming and killing. 

Personally, I prefer a loving and just God.  I prefer a God that tells us to love one another.  I prefer a God that ask's alot of us, but is also forgiving and understanding of our human flaws. 

For example, in most Christian based countries when a woman is attacked and raped, she is given medical care and plenty of understanding & sympathy for her ordeal and suffering by those who love her.  In some of these other countries and religions the woman is held responsible for a man attacking her.  She is usually killed by her own familyfor being raped!!!  Then the family is not punished for killing her.  It is acceptable behaviour!  How freaking ridiculous is that? 

They think that she brought shame to the family by "allowing" herself to be raped!  No doubt if she fought off her attacker and ended up harming or killing him, she would probably also be killed.  It seems to me to just be an extreme form of control by the male population over females.  Just like the way they believe that female children shouldn't be educated.  Control...that's all it is about.  There is no way that any of that could be justified with so-called religion.

Just my personal opinion.

Here are a few other items in the news that I found interesting.  First, did y'all read about the prosecuting attorney dropping charges against all the pedophiles caught in the Dateline sting in Murphy, Texas?  OhMahGod!  And so many of the neighbors in the area were upset that this sting was even done in their area.  I would be thrilled if the TV show, in coordination with local police, were to expose and arrest pedophiles in our town.  But no these people seem to want to keep their pedophiles free to roam their streets...along side their children. 

Here is the link to the story> NBC Sting Shakes Up Texas Town   

I've never heard of this snack, but apparently a "popular" snack food has caused salmonella poisoning in 17 states.  You might want to check out this story about "Veggie Booty".  I just wanted y'all to know about it, in case it is popular in your area.  If you have some in your cupboard, please be sure to throw it away.

Here is the link to that story> Popular Snack Food Pulled From Shelves

It's interesting, they say it's a "popular" snack food, but when you do the little poll about whether or not you eat Veggie Booty, the results are about 93% said NO and only 7% said YES.  Hmm, I guess it doesn't take much to make ya popular these days.  LOL

              Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 
Samantha you are a great daughter and such a wonderful sister to Rylie!  Thank you so much for everything you do for me and Ray and for all the time you spend with your sister. Not many girls your age would make such an effort to spend so much time with their baby sister.
 
I know how much you mean to Rylie and I am so happy that you two areso close.  Even though she is so young, the time that you spend together has been a wonderful foundation for the beautiful relationship that the two of you will always share.  You will always have a very special place in her heart.  I couldn't ask for a better sister for her.  You're perfect! 
 
I know how busy you are with work and everything, so I really appreciate the effort you make to spend so much time with your baby sister.  It's not something that you have to do, but you do, and that is so special.  She loves you so much and talks about you, Matt and the dogs all the time.  I am so lucky to have been blessed with a daughter like you.  I love you with all my heart.
 
Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: