Thursday, June 28, 2007

Home remedy-Dark circles around eyes

Today's home remedy is for dark circles around the eyes.  I thought first I would provide some information about this and why it happens to some people.  The following is some information I found at a site called Mother Nature.com.

Dark circles can be aggravated by fatigue, allergies, overexposure to the sun, menstruation or pregnancy. But they're usually hereditary; if your parents have them, chances are that you do, too.

Sometimes what you're seeing isn't really darkened skin, but engorged blood vessels under your eyes. Because the skin under your eyes is thinner than skin anywhere else on your body, blood vessels there are more noticeable, especially if you're fair-skinned.

Usually, dark circles are caused by hyper pigmentation--higher-than-average amounts of melanin, the substance that gives your skin its pigment. They tend to show up in people of Mediterranean descent and can run in families.

           Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 
Dark circles around eyes
  • Make a paste out of 1 tsp. tomato juice, 1/2 tsp. lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder, and 1 tsp. of flour. Apply around eyes. Leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing.
  • For under eye circles and wrinkles, mix a drop or two of honey with 2-3 drops of fresh lemon juice. Apply to the area under the eye. Leave it on for about 15 min. to 1/2 hour and it seems to work.
  • Squash a banana and put a little on your eye before going to sleep. The potassium will help your eyes. In the morning when you wake up, wash it off and your dark circle is gone. You have to keep doing this every day!
  • Boil some water and place 2 tea bags inside. Take out tea bags, allow them to cool. Lay back and place tea bags over the eyes (close eyes first - one on each eye) for about 15 minutes. This will ease black circles under your eyes caused by lack of sleep.

I hope you found some of this information useful.  Personally, I just had 2 cups of green tea and am going to grab the tea bags quick and try out one of those tips. 

This is a copy of my horoscope for today from Daily OM.

June 28, 2007
Good For All

Capricorn Daily Horoscope

Cooperation will likely come easily to you today, and you may feel surprisingly pleased when opportunities to compromise arise. An agreeable mood is likely fueling your commitment to conciliation by helping you to recognize that others' interests are more often than not as important as your own. You may find that you are eager to negotiate rather than flatly resentful when your circumstances require you to conceive of a dually equitable solution to conflict today. If you are compassionate and empathetic, your ability to attune yourself to the requirements of others will no doubt be heightened, allowing you to come to a conclusion that pleases everyone.

Meeting others halfway is the easiest way to ensure that our needs never interfere with their ability to pursue their individual purposes. However intense our loyalties to our own concerns are, we can take pleasure in the knowledge that our willingness to compromise has helped the people with whom we share our environments to move forward in parallel with us. When we cooperate, the individuals around us can prosper from the choices we make jointly because they become a part of our decision-making process by virtue of their having desires in some way associated with our own. If we feel resistant to the notion of cooperation, we can overcome our hesitancy by asking ourselves why we are afraid that our needs will go unmet. You will feel good compromising today when you sincerely want to see everyone near and dear to you get what they want.

I don't know about all that.  Let's take a look at the word.  Compromise:a : to come to agreement by mutual concession b : to find or follow a way between extremes.  Ohmahgosh!  It doesn't say anything at all about me bending over backwards to make everyone else happy.  LOL!

It seems whenever I try to compromise or make amends, people take that as a "Welcome" mat plastered across my back.  Then sure enough they are walking all over me.  LOL  As if I'll change...people have been walking all over me for years.  When I do try to stand up for myself...well, lets just say it doesn't go well.  What really sucks is when I try to make amends or apologize to someone and they never even acknowledge my effort or accept their portion of responsibility for the problem.

People have become too used to me letting them get away with murder around me, so when I do take a stand, they tend to have a bad reaction to it.  I've had people go totally ballistic on me, and it didn't end well.  I guess I need to learn to do what so many of them do...play nice to the face and then dog them once they turn around.  Seems like the "diplomatic" thing to do. 

I've learned well teacher, you know who you are ;)..."trust no one".  Ahh, crap!  That seems such a cynical way to live life.  I can't say that I don't trust anyone.  The list is just very select and small.  My Mom, Samantha, Sascha...and maybe 1 or 2 others. 

Don't get me wrong.  I have no problem meeting people halfway.  I don't mind if someone tells me (personally) that they would prefer if something were done differently or that they don't like this or that.  Just be upfont with me about it.  Don't go behind my back and bitch to everyone and anyone that will listen.  Be strong enough, Independent enough, Man or Woman enough to come to me and talk about it.  And certainly don't lie about what really occurred.

If you go behind my back...the intial response is not going to be good.  I'm certainly not going to feel very "compromising" then.  I don't know of anyone who would respond to an attack from behind with a "Thank you for bringing that to my attention".  More than likely they will respond with a counter strike.  Sometimes that strike may be obvious, other times you may never see it coming. 

More than likely I have my "response", whatever it may be, and then I have sometime to think about it and usually am not too happy with the fact that I was so easily manipulated to lowering myself to that person's level of behaviour.  My mother and father raised me better than that.  So I try to remind myself to look at things from their point of veiw and see whether or not I can see where they are coming from.  Or if they are just plain crazy. 

Sometimes they are just plain C-r-A-z-Y.  Other times I can see where they are coming from.  But then I wonder if they ever give me the same consideration and look at it from my point of veiw.  I doubt it, but sometimes I wish they would try.  Sometimes people put me right in the middle of things and it's not a very pleasant place to be at times.

Don't misunderstand.  I think compromise is a good thing when done with the true intention of the word.  A meeting halfway between two different points of veiw and opinions.  However, some people seem to think it is you think this, I think that, and we are doing it MY way.  That is not compromise, that is dictatorship, that is bullying, that is manipulating, that is controlling but that is no where near compromising.

***Please note that I did not use any names and this personal opinion is in no way a reflection of any one person.  Just my own personal point of veiw on compromise and how it may or may not work for myself or others.

Anyway, lets end today on a sweet note.  How about this recipe for Strawberry shortcake?

Simply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake

1-1/4 cups milk, divided
1/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
3 Tbsp. sugar
2-1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix for biscuits
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
4 cups sliced strawberries
1/3 cup sugar


PREHEAT
oven to 425°F. Beat 1/2 cup of the milk, the sour cream and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in baking mix until just moistened. Spread evenly into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until top is golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely.

ADD
remaining 3/4 cup milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in half of the whipped topping. Toss strawberries with 1/3 cup sugar; set aside. Cut cake horizontally in half to make two layers.
PLACE
bottom cake layer on serving plate; top with half of the strawberry mixture. Spread with pudding mixture; cover with top cake layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping; top with remaining strawberry mixture. Serve immediately. Store any leftover shortcake in refrigerator.

Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: