- Almonds can relieve heartburn. Eat several almonds when heartburn symptoms persist.
- Lemons can prevent heartburn. Cut a lemon into thin strips and dip in salt. Eat before meals to prevent heartburn.
- Lemon rind can also be eaten to prevent heartburn.
- Banana Eating bananas seems to be very beneficial for relieving heartburn. Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body. You may also use ground dried banana.
- Chamomile Make a tea by simmering 1 teaspoon of licorice root in 11/4 cups of water for 10 minutes in a covered pot. Add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile, cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain and drink.
- Clove, oil of Put a few drops of oil of clove in a glass of water and sip slowly.
- Ginger root Take a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger root or 1,000 mg of the powder daily. This remedy can be more effective than any over-the-counter or prescription medication. Ginger is helpful for indigestion, especially if it is due to eating spicy foods.
Utilities (Gas, Phone, Electric) $300
Auto Gas $120
Car insurance $ 80
Total Living Expenses $1400
Approx monthly Income (after taxes) $1600
Minus living expenses $1400
That leaves us $50 a week to live on. If something goes wrong with the car, or the house needs repairs, or we want to give one of our kids a gift for their birthday, graduation, etc, etc then we are S.O.L. This is living week to week and I doubt that any of our government officials could live on a budget like this.
However, the government only looks at GROSS pay, not what is actually brought home when one has to apply for some kind of medical assistance. I don't know what the government considers the "poverty level" but they seem to have forgotten that there is a group of us living slightly above poverty. We are not the middle class, but we do not fall intothe poverty level either. We are the working poor, living week to week, trying to get by and just make ends meet.
I am not ashamed of who we are. I am not ashamed of the amount of money we make. We work hard. We take care of our children and our parents. We are the people that keep this country going, mechanics, janitors, cooks, waiters/waitresses, etc., just the average blue collar workers. We live without health insurance and people like President Bush almost make me wish that we were unemployed and living off the state. Then he would want to make sure that my family received health care too.
My childs health and wealthfare is of no concern to the buearacrats as long as we are hard working people trying to make it on our own. As long as we are slightly above the poverty level no one gives two cents about us. If we lived on welfare and took advantage of the system, perhaps then Bush and his cronies would give a damn about me and my childs health.
In the meantime, I have to wait until my child is extremely ill and I've tried every last home remedy I know of until I take her to the doctor. I've been concerned about her hearing and speech and have to jump through hoops and scour every department trying to find help for her.
I've had cervical dysplaysia and am suppose to have a pap every year, yet it's been over 4 years since my last one. According to doctors I was suppose to have my first mammogram several years ago, I've never had one and don't think I will anytime in the near future.
Bush will continue to throw money at the middle east. Waste money on commitees, sub-commitees and studies, and all the while millions of children in the richest country will go without health care. Shame on you President Bush. Shame!
This is just my own opinion and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I am proud to be an American, I support our troops (if not our President), and am honored to live in America. Thank you for visiting today.
Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!