Friday, November 25, 2005

The day after

Well, everything was really good.  I think the turkey was one of the best yet.  It was one of the moistest birds ever.  I think using real butter to give that fella his last "massage" helped.

I think the final tally on the number of people here was about 16, or there abouts.  It was a good day, all in all.  The food was delicious and there was an abundance of it.

PreviewLets see, there is my fat boy turkey right near the center of the picture.  Div brought a ham and deviled eggs (behind my flowers).  I made mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing (oh gosh, that was so good) and corn.  Mom brought rolls (some were homemade) and green bean casserole (yum!).  Cathy brought sweet taters, deviled eggs and ambrosia salad (?!geez, my mind is going, is that the one with marshmallows?!).

I think Rylie, my youngest at 20 months, had a perpetual chocolate line around her mouth almost all day long.  She really likes my homemade fudge and buckeyes. 

PreviewAgh, not a very good picture.  But, starting at the top and left to right, Pecan tassies, bowl of candy, Mom's mini birthday cake.  Pumpkin pie and apple pie.  Chocolate covered saltines, bowl of mints, and plate of 4 different cookies.  Plate of chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered mini Ritz peanut butter crackers, buckeyes, 2 different fudges, bowl of hard candy and plate of cookies.  I took this picture before Div brought her double batch of cheesecake with cherries (yum) and mince meat pie.

I forgot to take a picture of the buffet with all the appetizers.  Although we had people here before 11am, so that was pretty well torn up by noon.  Next time, I think I will have to get up even earlier so I can make everyone breakfast before the meal.  lol

Some other friends showed up later on.  Some of us played cards, some visited, some drank, some sang kareoke, and alot just spent the evening "grazing", lol.  Of course, eventually the food and long day got to everyone.  It was an early evening.  I think the first couple left around 9 or 9:30 and the last ones left around ten. 

I was silently relieved.  I was like the walking dead at that point.  But tonight should be better.  I finally got more than fours hours of sleep last night.  That is probably the most I've had in a few weeks.  Yea!

So people are coming over tonight.  We are gonna talk about the possibility of going caroling over the Christmas season.  LOL, I haven't done that since high school when I went with the church.  Then we are going to p-a-r-t-y, lol.  Good thing I still have some appetizers and snacks that I can put out tonight.

It's almost 7am.  I am trying to decide whether or not to fix Raymond breakfast in bed.  He has to work today.  Usually he is at work by now, but the job (HVAC) they set up for him doesn't start till 10am, so he doesn't have to leave here until 9:30.  I think I will wait at least an hour before I wake him up though.  Just because I couldn't sleep in doesn't mean I have to wake him up early.

Well, I hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.  Hmm, just wondering how many of you have been lined up outside of the stores for the past 2 hours for those early morning sales.  Brrrrr, not me, too freakin' cold here in Ohio!  Have a great one!


1 comment:

djohn52 said...

Hi Jillannemarie!

Just clicked over from your comment in another journal.  don't ask me who--I get lost!! LOL

I think I want to come to your house during the holidays!  I got soooooo hungry just reading your entries!

Then I saw your Thursday entry about home health.  That's what I do-so I knew I had to write you!  Stop by mine sometime and click on Oasis or AgelessXtra in about me.

Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I'll be back to get organizing tips too!!!
Darlene from Indiana