Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Cleaning tip--Moth ball alternative

I hope this tip comes in handy.  It is a bit sad to say, but in just another month or so we'll probably be unpacking our sweaters and getting ready to pack away the shorts and tanks. 
 
              Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 
Mothball Substitute: Take your leftover soap slivers and put them in a vented plastic bag. Pack the bag with seasonal clothes before packing them away. Not only will the scent prevent them from moth harm but also they'll smell great when you pull them out.
 
Rylie and I had a full day yesterday.  First we went back up to visit with Papa for a few hours.  However, Rylie wasn't in the mood for that.  I won't even say what kind of a mood she was in, let's just say it wasn't the most pleasant. 
 
Then we got home and Daddy was already off work, so we all made the trip down to Bowling Green to Grandma Corral's house.  Ray checked the A/C and sure enough, it was over charged.  He fixed it and now, Thank the Lord, Mom has air again.  After that the four of us went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. 
 
While we were down there Mom sent home the photo albums I have been asking about.  This is going to be a very big project for me.  I am going to scan our family photo's and put them on disks.  That way I can make disks for each of my brothers, my mom (so she has a back up in case, God forbid, anything should happen to the originals) and a disk for myself.  That way each of us kids make copies of whichever pictures we want to have. 
 
There are photo's going back to when Mom and Dad were wee children.  So basically this is about 72 years worth of photographs.  I have a box the size of an album, a basket full of pictures and 5 full picture albums to scan and transfer to disk.  Yep, that should keep me busy for awhile.  Hmm, we have another scanner...I could hook it up to Ray's computer and be scanning on both of them at the same time.  LOL
 
Well, I guess there is no time like the present to get started.  I'm gonna go read some things and then get started with my photo project.
 
Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jill!  Love that idea about the mothball replacement.  I'll have to try it.  The few "winter" items I've hung onto here in Florida are stored almost the whole year!  I can't stand the mothball smell so I'll have to try the soap!  Thanks.  And good luck with the photo project.  I just order some digital scrapbooking software.  I have oodles of loose pictures that are going to get really messed up.  The thought of creating something digitally and putting them on a disk is great!  And a wonderful way to share with family.  Have fun!  Linda