Fungus on finger or toenails
- Use Vicks Vapor Rub-Take a nail file and run it over the surface of the toenail. Rub it both horizontally and laterally to make uneven grooves in the top of the nail.
Then rub Vicks Vapor Rub into the top of the toenail. The grooves will help keep the Vicks on the toenail. Do this for several days/nights in a row as often as you can.
The Eucalyptus in the Vicks will kill the fungus on the nail.
- Tea tree oil serves as an effective home remedy foe toe nail fungus, as it is a natural antiseptic that helps a great deal in fighting with fungus. Take some undiluted tea tree oil and mix a few drops of olive oil in it. Apply this mixed oil on the affected toenails.
- For healthy toenails, soak your toes in Listerine mouthwash.
- In warm water, add some apple cider vinegar and mix well. Soak your toenails in the water for about 15-20 minutes. Thereafter, dry your toes completely.
- Apply a mixture of tea tree oil and lavender oil on the toenails using cotton balls. Do it 3-4 times in a day. This remedy is very effective in curing toenail fungus.
- Soaking the affected nail(s) with distilled vinegar kills off the fungus rather quickly. Apply daily after bathing and let the vinegar dry thoroughly before dressing.
The body is made to be more alkaline than acidic. It is our diet that turns the body highly acidic. What this does is open the door to disease and infection. To aid the body in fighting off diseases and fungal infections you need to create an environment that will not support disease or infection and helps with cures and treatments. None of which can survive in an alkaline state. To get the body back to an alkaline state you need to eliminate foods highly acidic and feed the good cultures that are naturally present in the body to remedy infections and diseases.
Eating yogurt with live active cultures is an excellent way to boost the good bacteria needed for the body to fight fungal infections. This also helps boost the immune system when taking antibiotics.
Since athlete’s foot, toenail, fingernail, skin and foot fungus is an acid condition, acid forming foods should be eliminated. These include red meats and foods high in phosphates, such as sodas, sugary foods, and fried foods (diabetic friendly tips). Know your blood type and check the pages for a diet specific for you. Drinking plenty of water is also essential. Additionally vitamin A is necessary for the general health of the skin, and many enzymes that are effective in the healing of athlete’s foot, toenail fungus, fingernail fungus and foot fungus are activated by vitamin C. Boosting the immune system is the best idea. Poor T-cell* function may contribute and may be corrected through nutritional supplements and diet as well.
Give Your Feet Some Room
To remedy or cure athlete’s foot, toe nail fungus, fingernail fungus, skin or foot fungus you need to keep feet (and nail and skin area) as dry as possible. Be sure to change socks often. Socks should be made from a moisture-wicking fabric such as Cool Max or Polartec. For best results change your socks often.
In warmer climates and seasons wear well ventilated shoes - ideally sandals, flip-flops or open toe styles.
Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!