Thursday, September 18, 2008

Home Remedy--Athletes Foot

Here are a few helpful tips for curing and preventing Athletes Foot.

Athletes Foot
 
  • Take the skin off of the garlic cloves.  Put the garlic through the garlic press.  Spread the mixture over any affected area of the foot.  Allow the mixture to set on feet for 5 to 10 minutes.  Repeat for several days until it clears up.
  • Mix one part of tea tree oil with 9 parts of another oil, Either peanut oil or olive oil. store this mixture in a bottle and apply some to the affected areas 2 times a day. In a week or so you will see that your feet look and feel a lot better. Keep up this until all of the athletes foot is dead and gone.
  • Soak feet in very warm water with about one part white vinegar to four parts water, for 20 - 30 minutes, 2 times a day, until the fungus is no longer visible and irritating.
  • Try using cornstarch to cure athletes foot.  (* I don't know if this will cure athletes foot, but it may help cut down on the moisture if you're wearing socks.)
The best cure is prevention.  Be sure to wear flip flops or some other sort of foot wear in public showers.  Hard surfaces like tubs and bathroom tile, that are often wet can harbor the fungus. By bleaching them twice a week you can greatly reduce your risk of re-contracting athletes foot after you cure yourself of it.

If you do catch athletes foot, remember that it needs moisture to survive, so sweaty feet grow it the most. Prevent this by wearing sandles or go barefoot when you can. If you have to wear shoes, change your socks often to keep them from getting sweaty.

I can't believe it's already Thursday.  Wow, this week is just flying by.  Other than the bathroom and the spare room, I think I may be able to finish up with the painting at Sammi's new house.  It is looking really good. 

Of course, it will look even better when we can get some floor covering down.  I took measurements of all the floors and windows yesterday and wrote them down in a little notebook.  I'll also paste samples of the paint we used in that notebook.  Then Sammi can put it in her purse and whenever she is out shopping and see's something for the house she'll know what size she needs and if it will look good with her paint.

I'm so freaking anal that sometimes it scares me.  LOL  I've even already made some folders with labels for her utilities, etc.  Yep, I probably have copies of bills from 5 years ago and the date, amount & check number that I paid them.  Yeah...I confess...I'm a wee bit anal.

Well, have a good day.  I have a load of clean clothes that have been screaming at me to come and fold them since last night. 

Jill Marie

No comments: