Monday, September 15, 2008

Open Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches

Good Morning!  This is one of my honey's favorite meals.  He loves this for dinner and he usually eats so much of it that I don't have to fix any sides, although I try to make some green beans or something so they get a veggie in.  Even Rylie ate some last week (she is such a finicky eater) and she said it was really good too.

Open Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches

Brown Gravy Mix
Fresh Roast Beef from the deli OR a can of Roast Beef
Bread
Mashed Potatoes

You can use a package of Gravy Mix or make your own gravy.  I usually make homemade gravy using beef boullion, flour, water and salt & pepper to taste.  After the gravy is made add bite size pieces of Roast Beef.  The fresh roast beef is good, but when the budget calls for it, the canned beef is just as good.  The gravy is really what matter with this meal. 

Place a slice of bread on the plate, top the bread with a scoop of mashed potates and top that with gravy.  My ol' man likes it double stacked, lol.  It's a really easy meal if you use gravy mix and fake taters.  Of course, I prefer homemade gravy and real taters.  If your just feeding 2-3 people use one package of the gravy mix.  For more people use 2 packages of gravy and add a little more beef to it.  It really depends on the appetites of the people you are feeding.

I've been busy helping Samantha paint the new place.  It is such a pain in the tush...the old man that lived there was such a heavy smoker and we have to prime everything before we can even begin painting.  The ceilings are the worst.  Even after two coats of primer and a coat of paint the nicotine stains are bleeding through.  Ugh!  So gross.  Although, even with the stains coming through, the ceilings look 10 times better than they did before we began.

I'll be going down there today to finish priming the master bedroom and maybe begin some painting.  Although I should really get started on priming the bathroom.  We'll see what I am able to get done.  If I can get all the priming done then we can just start the painting and hopefully get it all done in the next few days.

I should probably get off here and go get some of my own chores done here this morning before I go and do anything else.  I have at least 3 loads of laundry I need to attack.

Have a great day!
Jill Marie

No comments: