Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Cleaning tip--Odors

Good Morning!  I just love days when I wake up in a really, really good mood.  Of course, being in complete and total love with your soul mate tends to do that.  I was a bit surprised I didn't have little blue birds (of happiness) flying around my head and whistling as I got up this morning.  Yeah, I felt that good.  LOL
 
Anyway, back to the subject of the day.  Cleaning...yeah, I know...b-o-r-i-n-g...oh well.  Here are some handy dandy tips to help keep some areas free of icky odors.
 
              Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 
Removing Odors
 
Car: Place a few briquettes of charcoal under the seat of your car to absorb odors and keep it smelling fresh.  Make sure to use the type without the starting fluid on them or your car will smell of fuel.

Refrigerator: Clean your fridge with a cloth soaked in a strong solution of bicarbonate of soda and hot water. Charcoal will absorb fridge odors, or you can wipe it over with a cloth dipped in a solution of water and vanilla essence. 

Thermos: If your thermos smells funny, leave a strong solution of bicarbonate of soda and water in it overnight (similar to that used to clean your refrigerator), then rinse out and wash normally. Otherwise leave an eggshell crushed in water in overnight, and rinse and wash the next morning.

Pots & Pans and Containers: Sometimes pots and pans and plastic containers retain the smell of the food cooked or stored in them. Pots and pans may be filled with water with a good slurp of vinegar and boiled up, then rinsed thoroughly. Plastic containers can be filled with a solution of bicarbonate of soda and water, left overnight and then rinsed and washed normally. If the smell persists in either case, repeat the process.

Bathroom: Place a container with baking soda behind the toliet.

If you're hanging around to hear more about my good mood and why I feel so wonderful this morning...forget it!  LOL  This is a PG-rated journal.  Actually, things have been going this way for several months.  I love when things are going this well, it kind of amazes me.  And it's wonderful to be reminded of why we came together in the first place.   

Then I begin to wonder why we ever argue at all.  But usually the arguments have absolutely nothing to do with us or our relationship...it's when we let outside factors contamenate our relationship that we have problems.  I think we are learning to stop that though.  I mean it has been 10 years this October.  TEN YEARS!  Wow! 

The really amazing thing is that I love him more now than I did 10 years ago.  Even with all the B.S. we have been through.  Even with some trying to pull us apart.  Funny thing about that, people trying to ruin a good thing, it has tended to backfire and make us closer to each other in the end.

Trials and tribulations?  Yeah, we've had our share.  But without those trying times would we really be able to appreciate the really awesome times as much as we do?  There are days when I look over at this man, wearing his nasty, dirty work clothes, looking all grungy and I just realize how much I truly love him and I thank God for bringing us together. 

Yep, it's a good day...and now I'm off to look through the freezer and figure out what to pull out to fix my man for dinner.  I love you baby!

Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

No comments: