- To lighten hair, use 1/4 cup chopped fresh rhubarb to 2 cups boiling water. Cool, strain, and apply as a rinse.
- to make it look a richer and darker brown, take Hershey's cocoa and mix it with an equal amount of shampoo. Just wash your hair with this mixture and it will make your hair a darker and richer brown. After washing your hair with this mixture, you can also add the cocoa to your conditioner. You have to use Hershey's unsweetened coca not the kind that is sweetened or else you will have a real mess.
- Pour a bottle of diet coke (and diet coke only) over your hair, it helps fade dye and even remove it!
- Just wash your hair with shampoo, then take a tomato and squeeze the juice out and apply to your hair. Then rinse well. You can also use V8 the tomato drink. The red tones and natural acids in the juice neutralize any greenness as well as leaving your hair soft and glossy
- To remove the green discoloration of blond hair from the chlorine in swimming pools, just wash your hair and then apply a paste of baking soda and water to your hair. Leave on your hair for about ten minutes. Rinse, shampoo and condition as usual. The green should be gone. The baking soda is a neutralizer agent.
Blond highlighting rinse
For best results, use this rinse regularly and dry your hair in bright sunlight. Shampoo and rinse well with plain water first.
2 cups water
V2 cup dried chamomile flowers
2 tablespoons dried mullein flowers
1 tablespoon orange blossom water
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Bring the water to a boil; then lower the heat and stir in the chamomile and mullein flowers. Simmer for 30 minutes; then cover and steep for several hours or overnight. Strain, squeezing the liquid from the herbs. Then stir in the orange blossom water and lemon juice. Pour the rinse through your hair several times, catching the liquid in a large bowl.
Deepening rinse for dark hair
Use as a final rinse after shampooing and rinsing well with plain water.
2 cups boiling water
2 tea bags of regular beverage tea
1/4 cup dried sage leaves
2 tablespoons dried rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon dried stinging nettles
Pour the water over the tea bags and steep covered for 15 minutes. Remove the tea bags, squeezing out the liquid. Reheat the tea to the boiling point. Then pour it over the dried herbs. Cover and steep for 30 minutes to an hour. Strain. Pour the rinse through your hair several times, catching the liquid in a bowl.
I'm going to try this one more time, and this will either be a fun new little toy or another pain in the bum from AOL. I could have a lot of fun with a poll...if it actually works.
Okay...for some reason it won't let me put the poll where I want to. Maybe that's why it didn't work last time...I tried to move it up the page. Let's save and see if it works this time.
Grrrr! What a tease! Come on AOL...don't give me these cool little toys to play withif they don't really work! One more try and that's it! Okay, the third, nor the fourth time was the charm. It's official...AOL sucks bird doo-doo.
Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!