Tuesday, September 25, 2007

              Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 

Photos Stuck Together: With a hair dryer on low, slowly melt them apart.

I know...not exactly a cleaning tip, but it's still a neat little trick when you find that you've got some photographs stuck together.  Hey!  Get those photos out of that box and put them in an album.  LOL

I know, photographs seem to build up quicker than dust bunnies and before you know it...bam!  You've got 2 or 3 boxes full of pictures.  Which reminds me...I've got some work to do with some pictures around here.  Ugh...guess I'll be sitting inside the house today. 

Good thing Rylie and I got outside and worked in the garden yesterday.  And now I know where our cable line is buried...yee-haw...lol.  We had fun.  Well, Rylie had fun.  I, somehow, got dirt all down the back of my shirt.  Thank you Miss Rylie Jo.  I tried to explain to her that you don't need to swing the little Sponge Bob shovel up into the air when it is filled with dirt.  But apparently I don't know a thing about gardening because she kept doing it over and over. 

Oh well, we had fun and it was a beautiful day outside.  I also now have a large area for planting flowers on the backside of the house.  Which, if I'm going to be honest, really needed to have something done with it.  Now I just have to pick up some more bulbs to plant, clean out the dying flowers from this summer in the other gardens and then I should be done for the season.

I wonder if this would be the right time to transplant a raspberry bush.  Although, to be absolutely honest...it wouldn't break my heart if it were to die in the transplanting.  LOL  Well, I thought it would be so neat to have some fresh fruit growing in the yard.  But the only plant that made it was the black raspberry, I prefer red raspberries.  And the dang thing grows like a freakin' weed!  I mean honestly!  If those branches get too long and hit the ground...boom!  You've got another plant growing there.  So I really put it in a bad spot and would like to move it out back. 

Maybe I'll dig a spot where I can let things just go wild.  I'd throw the raspberries in there along with some of the daisies.  I like daisies...it's just that when they're not blooming they just look like big ole weeds.  Blah!  Then I've got kids going by saying "I'll weed yer garden for $10".  What would ya pull out?  "Them thar big ol' weeds".  Those are my daisies (ya dork).  "Oh really?  Well, I could leave 'em."  Ya think?  So basically, I'd pay ya to sit and look at my garden.  DUH!

Oh...I forgot to tell y'all about Na-na-na-boo-boo.  Bad mommy, that'd be me, decided to teach Rylie to say "na-na-na-boo-boo" to daddy.  So I said it the first time and she just looked at me like "when did you start speaking Latin?"  So I shortened it to "Na-na-na-na". 

She got that part down and when she was playing chase with daddy I told her to say it, which she did, and it was cute.  So then I told her to say "Na-na-na-boo-boo".  So she turned to daddy and said "Na-na-na-you got a boo-boo.  You got a boo-boo."  OMG!  It was just too funny.  If laughing keeps you young, then we oughta be in our early thirties cause she keeps us laughing all the time.

Her newest thing is to come to me when daddy is teasing her and tell me "tell daddy 'top-it".  Although she keeps me laughing, she also keeps me busy.  I think she has already hit the early teen stage...she changes her clothes at least 3 times a day.  No wonder I've been going through so much laundry detergent lately.

I got to admit though that I was right about something I wrote about a year or two ago.  The asking her to help me and then slathering on the praise and thank you's.  It has really worked.  I rarely have to ask Rylie to help me.  If I go to get clothes out of the washer, she is right there and wants to help me put them in the dryer.  When I take them out, she is right there and wants to help me take them to the other room and fold them. 

She actually does a pretty good job folding towels.  So I try to make sure there is at least one or two small towels in every load for her to be able to do.  She will almost always come and help me unload the dishwasher.  The other day I jokingly said "why don't you put those dirty dishes in the dishwasher for me"  and she DID!  LOL  I always praise her for the work she does and thank her and tell her she is mommies big helper and she just loves it.

Now, if I could just get her to learn to pick up the toys in her bedroom when she is done.  LOL  The other day she told me "Mommy, you clean up daddys room".  (We call the computer room daddys room.)  I said "oh really?  Okay, I can do that and clean up my room too."  Then she said "yeah, you clean your room and I clean my room."  I thought "cool" we may be getting somewhere here. 

LOL  You should see her room...if I remember correctly the carpet under all that is beige.  Nah, it's not that bad.  She just get distracted by anything that takes longer than 2-3 minutes to do.  I'm pretty pleased with how helpful she is to me, so I can be pretty patient as we work on the keeping your bedroom clean bit.

Well, it's getting late and I've got to get going here.

Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for the photos.  I'm sure I have a few that I'll need to try that on.  You're little Rylie is so adorable.  She definitely has that little mischievous look!  Hope you've had a great day!  Blessings, Linda