Friday, September 7, 2007

Rockin' Girl Blogger!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us A very belated thank you to Dornbrau, the President of the Dust Bunnies Club.  In her July 19th journal entry she chose my journal along with 3 others as Rockin' Girl Bloggers.  How cool is that?  And What is a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award?    
 
It's an idea that Roberta Ferguson came up with on June 18th of this year (in this entry Why not start something )and it's a really neat way to recognize women (and men) who have a cool journal that you think other people should check out. 
 
Unfortunately, I've been pretty busy for the past 2 months with Dad B's passing, some medical issues of my own, and trying to keep Ray's mom on top of her own health issues, along with taking care of a "strong willed" 3 year old.  I didn't even realize that I had been chosen for this award till I happened to click on a link for my journal and saw the entry at the Dust Bunnies Club on July 19th.
 
Wow...now I have to choose some journals to recommend to ya'll.  There are so many of them out there...how does one narrow it down to just a few?  Well, I'm just going to have to try and keep it down to just a couple. 
 
Okay, here we go...
 
Just Mary --Thank goodness for "a 42 year old woman who thinks too much"...Hey!  Those are her words, not mine, lol.  I love reading whatever Mary has to write about.  It literally gets me LOL-ing.  She has a way with words and telling stories that keep me smiling...and probably makes the ol' man wonder if it's time to put that looney smiling woman laughing to herself in the special folks home.
 
Down Home --One of Tammy's many journals.  Feel free to kick off your shoes and grab a cup of coffee while visiting this down on the home style journal where Tammy covers a wide variety of subjects.
 
Photo Trek --Join Greg Kiser, of North Carolina, as he goes off on these wonderful photographic adventures.  You'd never believe that he is a self taught photographer from the beautiful pictures he takes.  If you love photography, or want to learn more, this is definately the journal to visit.  I'm sure he'll be just thrilled with me passing the "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award onto him.  LOL
 
Friday's Child --Linda, covers a wide variety of subjects in her journal.  I love the old photographs that she often posts.  She writes these really awesome stories about her memories as a child.  Just a really great read.  She's a great woman who usually stops by and offers me the word or two of encouragement that helps me along.
 
Coastal Comfort --Sharon at coastal comfort, but I see she's already got this award on her sidebar...ahh, I was a bit late.  But hey just to let ya know Sharon, I think your awesome!
 
Thanks again for selecting me Dornbrau!  I hope ya'll get a chance to check out some of these other journals.
 
Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you my friend. All y'all are welcome to come on down and sit a spell! I will try to contribute to this wonderful thing as soon as me and the new Vista come to an understanding! God bless and thanks again! Tammy

Anonymous said...

PS We're gonna try the Pineapple Chicken this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Awww thank you Jill!!!  Such an awesome award!  You rock too!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Jill, thanks for mentioning my journal!  I'm glad you derive some pleasure from reading about my youthful escapades and other stuff!  I'm sorry to hear about all the trials you've been dealing with and prayers go out to you and yours.  Take care, Linda  

Anonymous said...

Well isn't this a surprise!  Just wait till my wife gets home and I give her the news I'm a Rockin' Girl Blogger, she'll be elated!  HAHAHAHAHAHA, Thanks so much for the mention and the VERY kind words you have written about my journal.  I will proudly accept this award...thank you (said in a abnormally high pitched voice :))

Greg

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much :-).  This was a very pleasant surprise. I'm glad someone is laughing with me! ~Mary