Thursday, November 2, 2006

Home Remedy and health concerns

 
                                 Preview

These are home health remedies that have been emailed to me or that I found on the Internet.  I have not tried them all and do NOT guarantee the effectiveness of them.  If you try one and it works, or if you have one that works for you, please email me.  Thanks.

Yellow Teeth

  • Mix salt with finely powdered rind of lime. Use this as toothpowder frequently.
  • Dip a toothbrush in a mashed strawberry and brush vigorously to remove yellowing and stains.
  • After brushing with your regular toothpaste, make a paste of 1 tbsp of baking soda and a few drops of lemon juice and brush again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made an appointment yesterday for Rylie with her regular Doctor.  So this morning I went down to the Health Department to pick up my monthly package of blood pressure medications.  I called them in on Monday, they weren't quite ready so we had to wait a bit. 

Rylie was a real character.  She stood in front of this very large man with gray hair and a full beard and just stared him down.  He and his wife kept talking to her and trying to get her to smile or say "hi".  She just continued to stare.  The people sitting there waiting asked if she went Trick-or-Treating, I told them "no" because of her having this flu or whatever.  "Ahhh, poor thing".  Then another man in a wheel chair tried to give her a piece of candy.  She just gave him a look like "what the heck?"  LOL

We finally got my meds and had to run all the way over to the other side of town for her doctor appointment.  By the way, she only weighs 31 and 1/2 pounds...not quite the 100 that it feels like when she insists that you hold her.  The doctor listen to her chest for quite awhile.  Then he had her get on the table so he could check her ears, nose and throat.  Not something that she was entirely willing to do.

I had to hold her head and the nurse held her arms down.  She has an ear infection in her left ear.  Now, this is where my heart hit the floor.  The doctor told me he heard a heart murmur.  Although he only heard it while she was sitting up, he didn't hear it when she was lying on the table.  He also doesn't like the way she looks.  She is extremely pale with dark circles under her eyes. 

He wants us to go get a chest X-ray and some blood work done.  He doesn't like the fact that it has been 2 weeks now and she can't seem to get rid of this cough.  He asked alot of questions and I think he seems to be leaning toward possible asthama.  Although he did say it could be the early stages of pneumonia. 

We have to go back in another 2 weeks.  I have a feeling this is going to be a very long winter.  Hopefully the whole murmur thing was just a freak episode.  I've heard of that, where a doctor hears a murmur in a patient and then it's never heard again.  I'm wishing and praying. 

As if my headache wasn't bad enough before.  Now I just can't shut my mind off and there are a million thoughts and possibilities causing a major traffic jam in my head. 

Take care.  I'll try to keep this information updated as I get it.
Hugs!
Preview

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

brushing your teeth in baking soda and peroxide does just as good. tatste awful though. lol

Anonymous said...

I hope everything turns out okay with Rylie. It is always so hard when little ones are sick.

Hope you get rid of that nasty headache too.

Toodles,
Tia

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Riley!  Hugs to you as well..i have a sick one and she hates the doctor..last time she had to get shots and the nurse told her she needed to shut up and to knock off her crying...Kinda made me mad!  I hate mean nurses!  Hugs,TerryAnn