These are home health remedies that have been emailed to me or that I found on the Internet. I have not tried them all and do NOT guarantee the effectiveness of them. If you try one and it works, or if you have one that works for you, please email me. Thanks.
Acne, Blackheads & Pimples
- Dab a small amount of toothpaste (paste, not gel) on pimples before bed; this helps dry out the pimples.
- Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and rose water, apply to face with a cotton ball, and allow to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing. 15-20 days of this application helps cure pimples and also helps to remove blemishes and scars.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area overnight. Wash off with warm water next morning.
- For acne that hasn't seemed to respond to anything, steep 2-3 tsp. dried basil leaves in 1 cup boiling water for 10-20 minutes, cool, and apply to affected area with a cotton ball.
- Apply a dab of honey to the pimple, cover with a band-aid and leave on overnight. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin, sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight. * My daughter and I have tried this one and we think it works.
- Paint Elmers glue onto face, let dry and then peel off and see the black heads and dead skin. (*Much cheaper than those strips they sell in the stores!)
I have neglected my journal this past week and I apologize for that. However, Thanksgiving week gets pretty busy around here. We have a total of 6 kids (his, hers and ours) that were coming for dinner. Four of them have boyfriends or girlfriends, which brought our dinner list up to 10 people. My mother also came and Ray's friend Dennis. That makes a total of 13 people for dinner. So I told everyone that we would be having dinner at 5:30pm and then we would have a sort of "dessert open house" at 7:30pm for the rest of family (mainly Ray's brothers) to come over and then probably kareoke and cards afterwards.
I decided to eat later in the day this year because the kids have their other parents, grandparents and their boy/girlfriends parents houses to go to on the holidays. For example, ours was the 4th place that Sammi and her boyfriend, Matt, had been that day. Unfortunately, this year as it got darker and colder, a real nasty fog started. So Aimee and her friend, Robert, were unable to make it down from Michigan.
David and Christopher (my sons) ended up spending the whole weekend with us. It was a real good time. Rylie usually doesn't get to spend a whole lot of time with her brothers and sisters because they are so much older and have a lot going on. School, work, boy/girlfriends, etc. So she had a blast. She really attached herself to Chris. LOL, the poor kid...when she wasn't making him give her piggy backs around the house she had him watching Ice Age or some other kids movie with her.
Friday night all of the kids were back here at the house. Except for Sammi and Matt. We ended up taking them all to the Golden Corral, one of those big buffet places. We had never been there before. We were fairly impressed. Since it was Friday they had steak, and it was actually quite good. Christopher ate 3 big steaks! OhMahGosh! I don't know where he put them, and then he hit the dessert bar twice, I think.
Saturday we ended up having a bunch of people over again. We were supposed to be playing dice, but it ended up turning into a little party and after a while the dice game was abandoned. Chris got tired and went to bed around 11 or 12, which meant that Rylie's movie partner wasn't around and she was attached to me from that point on.
So I spent the rest of the night with her, oh and cleaning up the mess of broken glass that apparently jumped down onto the floor all by itself. No big deal, just the antique green glass jar that I kept the popcorn kernels in. Of course, it had to break into teeny tiny pieces so I spent some time trying to make sure I got it all off the floor, while trying to keep Rylie from trying to help me.
I think the party pretty much broke up around 1am or so, although some of the fools, who brains seem to dissolve in alcohol, ended up at the bar. There's a real good way to spoil a fun evening and make spouses think twice about whether or not they want to come over the next time we have a get together.
Sunday everyone slept in. I got up and finally went and got started on some Christmas shopping. I found some toy kitchen pots and pans for Rylie. Maybe she'll leave mine alone if she has her own to play with while I'm cooking. I also found some little toy plates and a tea set. I want to get her a little kitchen. But I've decided I don't like those bulky plastic ones, and I ended up finding a real nice wooden one at Target. It is real cute, but it is also $79.99. I don't know. This is one of those times I wish I had a wood shop, lol.
The rest of Sunday was spent cleaning up from the night before and just hanging around watching movies and what not. All in all, it was a pretty good weekend.
I am going to post tomorrows entry here today. I have to get up early to get some bloodwork done and go downtown to the health department to pick up my prescriptions. I'm not sure if I'll have time to post it tomorrow in the morning and if I don't get it done in the AM then it's not likely to get done. Best just to do it now and be done with it.
A cleaning tip, or two, that you may find useful. As I say on my Web page, these are tips that have been emailed to me, or that I have found on the Internet. I have not tried all of them and do NOT guarantee their effectiveness. If you do try one and it works, or if you have another one that works for you, please let me know.
Red Dye Stains
- For red food dye stains on counters, like those left by drinks, use straight rubbing alcohol, enough to puddle on the stain. Leave it for several minutes and wipe away. Use a sudsy cleaner on counter after.
I hope everyone had a great holiday and made it where they were going and back home again safely.
Have a great day.