Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Kitchen cleaning tip

                           Preview

A cleaning tip, or two, that you may find useful.  As I say on my Web page, these are tips that have been emailed to me, or that I have found on the Internet.  I have not tried all of them and do NOT guarantee their effectiveness.  If you do try one and it works, or if you have another one that works for you, please let me know.

Kitchen Cleaning

The kitchen is a special challenge because of the variety of cleaning needs. Grease can be absorbed while still fresh by throwing a bit of cornstarch or baking soda right on the grease then wiping away when cleaning the rest of the kitchen. The stove top can be treated every few months with car wax to keep the surface slick and easy to clean.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a "Healthy Reflections" message I got in the mail from Spark People

Stop living life for what's around the corner and start enjoying the walk down the street. - Grant L. Miller, motivational guru

Enjoying the road to accomplishment


It's possible to be a little too focused. With blinders on, it becomes easy to completely live in our vision of where we will be in the future, while ignoring the improvements that we have made in the present. The road to a healthy lifestyle is a long trip. While it's very important to realize what we are shooting for, we also need to make sure that we keep our heads in the present to enjoy the progress we've made. If your goal is to lose weight, instead of waiting to celebrate until you lose it all, enjoy today's small victories and take advantage of your improved health now. This approach serves as motivation for any aspiration in life. Set ambitious goals and enjoy the road to accomplishing those goals. Because life might pass you by if you are always planning for tomorrow without ever seeing today.

How true!  Doesn't it seem like the kids grow up before we know it?  Are we taking enough time to enjoy all the stages and phases they go through?  I know that the first time around I was too "uptight".  I was always worried about the messes they made, how they behaved in public and stuff like that.  Not that those things don't still concern me.  I just try to keep things in a better perspective now.

Of course, this time around with Rylie, I'm also older.  I hope a bit more patient.  I know how fast the time will go and try to enjoy the funny things she does, even if it means a mess.  This time around I know the difference between accidental spills and throwing food across the room (usually trying to hit mom who insists on serving veggies with dinner).

It's great to know most of what I need to in advance this time around.  I say most because Rylie is a bit more "strong willed" and "tempermental" than any of my other kids.  So, although it will be a similar trip with Rylie, I am sure it will be a journey all its own.  With its own ups and downs, different stops along the way, a brand new adventure.  

I've already learned that with David, Sammi and Chris I could count to three and they would stop whatever mis-deed they were involved in.  When I start counting with Rylie...OHMAHGOSH!  She will scream NOOOOOOOOOOO! at me.  If I countinue to count she will launch into a high pitched scream that sounds like bloody murder. 

Please realize, the only thing that happens when I get to the number 3 is that I pick her up and place her in a time out chair.  As I pick her up, she screams in my ear "Aghhhhhhhhhh!".  If I don't put her down and keep carrying her to the time out, she starts saying "oww, oww, owwwww!"  As if!  What a little manipulator, and remember she is only 2 and a half.  At least she quit biting me as I carried her to the chair.

Yes, this time around I am quite proud of the fact that I have more patience.  And thank you Lord, because I am really going to need it.  LOL  Where Sammi and I seemed to be great friends (except maybe from 12 to 14 years old), Rylie seems to battle me on everything I say to her.  It should be quite an interesting journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next month Ray becomes a grand-pappy!  Rylie becomes an aunt, lol.  Seems kind of funny, but then my own mother was an aunt at one year old.  Steph is having a little girl and she say's she will not be having anymore kids.  LOL  How many women said that the first time around?

Well, I suppose I better go.  I've got to start some Thanksgiving day baking. 

Have a good one!
Hugs!
Preview

 

No comments: