Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 Good Morning!
 
                  http://imageshack.us/ 
 
Cast Iron Pans: To gently and effectively clean your cast iron skillets after most uses, wipe out excess food with a dry paper towel, then sprinkle salt inside the pan. Wipe clean with a clean, dry paper towel. The salt acts as an abrasive to scratch off any stuck-on particles of food without using soap and water, which can remove your seasoning. For stubborn stuck-on food, use a putty knife to scrape it off. You may, however, need to reseason the pan after doing this.
 
 I don't know about you, but I love cooking on cast iron pans.  I initially bought my first cast iron pan about ten years ago because I didn't want to use my good pan when we went camping.  I loved cooking in it over an open fire pit, so I took it and put it with the rest of my pans.  I use it, probably, more than my teflon pan. 
 
I love cooking, especially good ol' homestyle.  You know, meat, potatoes and lot's of homemade gravy.  Which is why eating this low carb lifestyle is so hard for me.  I make a mean gravy and I really love it. 
 
I also enjoy baking and making special treats for my family.  The only problem is that there is usually some leftovers sitting around in my kitchen...tempting and taunting me.  "Jill, you know you want us.  Come on, just one lil' nibble."  No, I'm not hearing voices, but I'm sure that is what they would be saying.  LOL
 
Yesterday I came across a low carb blog, Livin La Vida Low Carb,  and I think that reading that will help keep me grounded on my low carb eating.  It has been hard because I used to eat low fat.  However, when you are eating low carb you need to have the fat for energy.  So I am going to make the appropriate adjustments in my food intake and see if that helps.
 
Otherwise, things are going pretty good here.  We had a nice visit with Aimee and her boyfriend on Sunday.  They came to watch the race with us.  Stephanie and Joe stopped by to drop off Aubreigh's pictures.  The grandbaby is absolutely adorable, as usual.  Oh, did I mention that we are expecting another grandbaby in October?  Yep, about 9 days before Ray's birthday.  We are so excited.
 
David is doing well.  He is working for his father, selling life insurance.  I'm glad he finally found something that he really enjoys doing and he feels like he is helping people.  I'm proud of him.  He just turned 21 and is really getting control of his life.
 
Samantha graduates this year and I can't wait to see where she goes with her life.  Christopher is 15 now, he is getting so tall and handsome.  It's hard to believe that our kids are so grown up.  Yet we are still dealing with our little Rylie and her toddler tantrums.  Yep, just got the kids out of the teen tantrums and now we're back to toddler tantrums.  LOL
 
That reminds me, I need to get Rylie in for her yearly picture.  Her birthday is in March, so I usually have them taken sometime in February so we have them back to give out by her birthday.
 
I also want to tell you that we watched the services for Officer Dresslers funeral yesterday.  They started showing it at about 10am.  What a beautiful service they gave him.  I think they did a wonderful job of honoring his life.  I was disappointed in the Mayors speaking, however his uncle really did a beautiful job.  The pastor performing the service was actually Keith's cousin and he did an excellent job.
 
When they did the last call, a call by the police dispatcher to Officer Dressel, that goes out to all the cars, I don't think there was one person who didn't cry.  I know that I sat here in the living room and cried.  It was very moving.  I've heard it repeated on the television several times and I cry each time I hear it.
 
The television crews covered the entire service from before the funeral actually began, to the procession to the cemetary, until they left the cemetary.  There were over 1800 cars there.  It was a mere 3-4 miles from the church to the cemetary.  From the time the first car arrived until they started at the cemetary it was an hour, and there were still police officers walking from their cars.  I'm so glad that the tv station stayed with this for the entire 4 and 1/2 hours.
 
They said that there were cars from 37 different states.  There were even officers from the state of Hawaii there.  What a wonderful show of support for their brother and his family.  I am so proud of the way the community came together to show their support during this tragedy. 
 
Well, have a good day.
Hugs!
Preview

No comments: