Good morning! Here is another recipe from BHG. I'm sure ya'll have a recipe for meatloaf, but every now and again it is fun to shake things up a bit and try something new.
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs or 2 cups soft bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried leaf sage, basil, or oregano, crushed
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef, lamb, or pork
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1. In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage, and pepper. Add ground meat; mix well. Lightly pat mixture into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
2. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F. Spoon off fat. In a bowl combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard; spread over meat. Bake for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into eight slices.
3. Makes 8 servings
Ham Loaf: Prepare as above, except use soft bread crumbs. Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard for the sage, basil, or oregano and omit the salt. Substitute 12 ounces lean ground beef or pork and 12 ounces ground cooked ham for the 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, lamb, or pork. Bake and let stand as above.
Have ya'll heard of Angel Food Ministries? You should really check it out. For $25 you get a supply of food that is suppose to be enough to feed a family of four dinner for a week. The retail value of this package is over $60.
Here is a sample of the Menu for December (for Ohio locations):
(4) 5 oz. Rib-Eye Steaks
(1) 2 lb. Family Lasagna Dinner
(1) 2 lb. Split Chicken Breast (2 Pieces)
(1) 1 lb. Honey Roasted Pork Sausage
(1) 1 lb. Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Fajitas
(1) 1 lb. Fully Cooked Meatballs
(1) 1 lb. All Meat Jumbo Hot Dogs
(1) 3 lb. Fresh Apples
(1) 8 oz. Biscuit Mix
(1) 1 lb. 3-Way Veggie Mix
(1) 1 lb. Cut Corn
(1) 1 lb. Sliced Carrots
(1) 14 oz. Chicken Broth
(1) 24 oz. Home-style Hash Brown
(1) 6.5 oz. Cheeseburger Dinner
(1) 10 ct. Home-style Waffles
(1) Dessert Item
What a wonderful service that is provided, in 34 states, for families that may need that extra little bit of help. Or a lot of help. You go to the to find your state and find the local Churches that are participating near you. They also offer additional items that can be ordered.
If your really in the holiday spirit and would like to help, you can also make a donation to the Angel Food Ministry.
Things are going great here. This is already looking to be a wonderful week. This is rent week, but hopefully in the next week or two I will be able to start Christmas shopping for the kids. Santa, snow and toys is all that Rylie is talking about these days. LOL She is such a riot.
Her latest thing is to walk up to her dad, look to see if I'm watching...then poke him and whisper "na-na, na-na, you got a boo-boo". Then daddy will start to say "Mom, Rylie's teas..." at which point Rylie hurries up and yells "Mom! He's teasing me". LOL It is like having 2 three year olds in the house.
Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!