Monday, December 10, 2007

Recipes--Easy cookies

Good Morning!  Here are a few more EASY Christmas cookie recipes I found at the Pillsbury website.

Yummy Little Almond Sandwich Cookies
These easy and elegant little sandwich cookies are sure to be a crowd pleaser at holiday parties this season.
INGREDIENTS
Cookies
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create 'n Bake® refrigerated sugar cookies
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Filling
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 teaspoons milk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 drop red food color

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour and almond extract until well blended.
2. Shape dough into 180 (1/2-inch) balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press bottom of glass dipped into granulated sugar on each ball until 1/4 inch thick; prick top of each with a fork.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes until set but not brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spread about 1 teaspoon filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top each with another cookie, bottom side down; press gently. Store in refrigerator.

Quick Snickerdoodles
Just three ingredients make a classic cinnamon cookie.
INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create 'n Bake® refrigerated sugar cookies

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
2. Cut cookie dough into 32 (1/4-inch-thick) slices. Shape each into ball and roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture. On ungreased cookie sheets, place 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.

Gingerbread Stars

Refrigerated gingerbread cookie dough is an easy shortcut to making the star of your holiday cookie plate.
INGREDIENTS
1roll (18 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated gingerbread cookies
1/2 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white vanilla baking chips
2 tablespoons shortening

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove half of cookie dough from wrapper; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
2. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of the flour onto work surface; coat sides of half of dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness, adding additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
3. With floured 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough stars. Gently brush excess flour from stars; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
5. In 1-quart saucepan, heat baking chips and shortening over low heat about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chips are melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Dip half of each cookie into vanilla coating, allowing excess to drip off. Place cookies on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet; refrigerate until vanilla coating is set, about 30 minutes.

Quick Peanut Blossoms
Favorite peanut butter and chocolate cookies just got quicker with refrigerated cookie dough!

INGREDIENTS
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create 'n Bake® refrigerated peanut butter cookies
3 tablespoons sugar
36 Hershey®'s Kisses® milk chocolates, unwrapped

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
2. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately top each cookie with 1 milk chocolate candy, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely before storing.

Yesterday, before running a few errands, I had to clean off the sheet of ice covering my car.  As I went to go around to the passenger side my foot hit a patch of ice and I fell to the ground.  My right arm went out in front of me and I pretty much broke my fall.  Unfortunately, my right wrist is the one with the huge ganglian cyst on it.  It hurt like the blazes for a bit. 

Now it is better, however my rightshoulder blade is giving me a pain like heck.  Ow!  I am guessing I pulled a muscle or just bruised it.  I'll continue to try to stretch my back muscles today and hope that helps.

This week Rylie and I are going to continue to bake cookies and prepare for Santa's big arrival.  Yesterday I bought a few small gifts for her to give to 2 babies that she knows.  She was so excited to have her own gifts to wrap...well, after she got done checking them out and making sure they were fun, lol.  I cut the paper for her and pulled it over the gifts as she waited anxiously with her piece of tape in hand. 

Then she would carefully place the tape almost near where I told her to.  LOL  She didn't even come close to the spot and the paper popped open again.  Three times she carefully placed that piece of tape nowhere near where it would hold the paper in place.  She finally got it and we moved onto taping the ends of the package up. 

I helped her write the recipients names and her name on the gift tags and we taped those on.  Then she got the bag of bows and very carefully chose one for each gift.  After she chose each bow she would turn to me and say "It matches" and then point to the color on the gift paper that she had matched the bow to.

Another quick Rylie story...LOL.  Last week Ry and I were sitting here and I got this sudden sentimental feeling.  So I sat with her on my lap and we talked.  I told her how much I loved her..."I love you too mommy".  Then I said that no matter where I was she was always in my heart..."You in my heart too mommy".  Awwww!  Just made me want to melt.

Well, the other day she was walking through the living room and she turned to me and said "Mommy...you in my heart" and folded her hands over her little chest.  I put my hands over my chest and told her "Your in my heart too baby...always and forever".  Sometimes it is hard to believe that is the same little girl that will stand at her bedroom doorway screaming at me when I send her to her room for a mis-deed.

Oh, but she doesn't just stand there.  I get tired of listening to the screaming so I tell her to go in her room and close the door.  What's she do?  She stands there at the threshold and puts her foot across the doorway.  I tell her "don't you dare".  Then she takes one step and stands just outside the bedroom staring at me. 

These are the little moments that will mold my future with this child.  If I laugh...she's got me and control of the moment.  If I give in...she will be that much harder to deal with the next time around.  So I walk over to her door, pick her up, carry her into her room and set her down.  Lots and lots of screaming and crying now.  I tell if, who knows if she can hear me over her own noixe, that she needs to take a time out and settle down.  I'll come back in a little while and if she has settled down, then she can get up after she apologizes.

Now that is usually the end of it.  Unless Daddy is home, then it is a whole new ball game for her and she has to push it to see what she can get away with him.  The first time she and I went through this she kept on throwing that bedroom door back open and taking one step out and just glaring at me.  Ohmahgosh...I thought I was dealing with a little monster.  But I know she was just checking to see how long that rope was.  To see how far she could push me and if I would give in.

It was probably 1/2 and hour or 45 minute long battle the first time.  However, she finally got it in her head that Mommy means business.  Now she will just push a little bit to see whether or not she can get by me.  And the answer is always the same...No, do what I say and when time out is done all is good again. 

Daddy, however, is going to have a problem when it comes to discipline.  Not that he doesn't reach his limit, he has.  But he prefers to be her best buddy and the favorite one.  LOL  That's okay...I mean it's not much fun for me to be the "bad" one.  However, I can see the road that lies ahead for him and it has me LOL'ing quietly to myself.  I may be the "meanie" in her eyes, but he is the "easy mark".  LOL

Ahhh, once again I got to talking about Rylie and have rambled on and on.  LOL  I took a few pictures of her this weekend when we went shopping.  I'll have to post them later.

Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: