Monday, August 25, 2008

Beef Tips Recipe

Here is a yummy little recipe that would be good served with mashed potatoes, a veggie or a salad, and some rolls.  Mmmm.

Beef Tips Recipe
This is a quick and simple beef tips recipe for those days when you are on the go and do not want to eat fast food again. Fondue beef is simply beef sirloin or tenderloin cut into bite sized pieces.  These are usually lean pieces of meat.

Ingredients:
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon butter
1 package "fondue" beef (about 3/4 pound)
1 (12 ounce) package wide or extra-wide egg noodles
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (7 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained, optional

Directions:
1. Place large pot of water on to boil for the noodles and prepare noodles per instructions.
2. While waiting for the water to come to a boil, melt the butter in a large pan. Sauté the onion for a couple of minutes.
3. Place beef in the skillet and brown on all sides.
4. Add the can of mushroom soup and mix with the natural juices from the beef. Add the can of
mushrooms and heat through.
5. Drain the noodles and return to pot. Pour beef mixture over and toss.

I am hoping that it is a little warmer than predicted.  The local weatherman is calling for a high of 76 today.  I'd like to take Rylie down to the pool most of the days this week.  They close the pool here on labor day so this is our last week of fun in the sun at the pool. 

Rylie and I will be so disappointed when they close it.  We've had lots of fun there this summer.  I actually found time to read a book (without pictures) and really enjoyed it.  Ahh, I remember the old days (any time prior to 4 years,and 5 months ago-when Ry was born) when I actually used to read one to two books a week and even found time to work on counted cross-stitch projects.

We had a wee bit of excitement this weekend.  Bee's...yep, found them in our bedroom closet.  They weren't there on Friday, butthere they were on Saturday.  The little boogers had gnawed a hole through our ceiling and were all over the closet.  So I went and got some "none staining" bee killer spray and let Ray and David do the assassination work.

After they were done I went in and began removing clothes to wash and cleaning up the bodies.  The guys had flushed a lot of the bodies as they fell, but when I went in an hour later there were about 15 more dead bee's on the floor and I found another 10-15 on the shelf after removing the items from it.  I swept them up with my handy dandy vacuum attachment.

Then I was taking items out of a plastic box where I had some scrap booking items and found about 4 or 5 dead bee's on the bottom of that.  As I lifted the last piece of paper I found a live bee.  It had to have been the Queen because she was about 3 times bigger than the rest of the bee's.  I grabbed my sweeper real fast, turned it on and sucked her up into the land of the dead bee's.  Ray opened the vacuum and found her still alive and gave her shot her once in the back of the head...with the bee killer. 

So I am still in the process of washing all the clothes, so they don't smell like bee killing chemicals.  I guess I may as well sort through the clothes and maybe get rid of some while I've got everything out of the closet.  Sigh...

Have a wonderful week!
Jill Marie

No comments: