Thursday, August 28, 2008

Home remedy--Acne

Good Morning!  Here are a few tips for dealing with acne.  I've been using the last tip to deal with large pores and some stubborn black heads. 

Acne, Blackheads & Pimples

  • Dab a small amount of toothpaste (paste, not gel) on pimples before bed; this helps dry out the pimples.
  • Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and rose water, apply to face with a cotton ball, and allow to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing. 15-20 days of this application helps cure pimples and also helps to remove blemishes and scars.
  • Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area overnight. Wash off with warm water next morning.
  • For acne that hasn't seemed to respond to anything, steep 2-3 tsp. dried basil leaves in 1 cup boiling water for 10-20 minutes, cool, and apply to affected area with a cotton ball.
  • Apply a dab of honey to the pimple, cover with a band-aid and leave on overnight.   Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin, sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight. * My daughter and I have tried this one and we all think it works. 
  • Paint Elmers glue onto face, let dry and then peel off and see the black heads and dead skin.  (*Much cheaper than those strips they sell in the stores!) 
  • Use a cotton ball to apply rubbing alcohol to your face as an astringent.

It's Thursday, but around here it is an early Friday.  Tomorrow is the annual golf day at Ray's place of employment.  Which makes this evening the beginning of our holiday weekend.  Yippee! 

Rylie and I went to the pool yesterday, in spite of a sky full of fluffy clouds.  It was kind of nice though, the sun was shining but the clouds provided some cover and it wasn't too hot.  There was also a wee bit of wind.  However, I'm not quite sure how Rylie was able to stand getting in the water for more than a few minutes as it felt like standing in a glass of ice water. 

She spent most of her time playing with another child, a bit in the water, mostly outside of the pool.  Or talking to the life guard.  After getting home, I was pleasantly surprised to find I got quite a bit of sun on my face. 

Later in the afternoon I spent some time in the garden pulling out dying flowers, etc.  How depressing.  Another year of my life coming to a close.  sigh.  Yeah, yeah...I know, the optimist would say it's getting close to the time of a clean slate and a brand new year to start all over.  Blpppphhhht!    A bright outlook on life is not one of my better qualities, to say the least.  LOL

Nope, I guess you could call me a bit of a pessimist.  I hate that word.  I prefer to think of myself as being logical...yeah...let's go with that.  LOL  Don't get me wrong, I do hold onto hopes.  I am forever hopeful.  I always hoped I'd never turn 30.  However, as people do like to remind me, I am no longer 29.  Sheesh, when in the heck did that happen?  Makes sense though as my oldest child will be 23 this December.  Will someone please bring me a cane?!

That's not fair!  I am the mother of a 4 year old, how in the heck can I be this freaking old?  And here's the really unfair part...I thought that having a young child in the house would help keep me young.  You know, playing games, moving about, young at heart, blah, blah, blah.  NOT true!  It usually has me feeling older.  Well, a heck of a lot older than *29 anyway.  Where are the people that told me that "it will keep you young".  I think I need to find them and make them aware of the fact that she doesn't take naps anymore and I now want to take one almost everyday.

Well, I suppose I should go shower and wet my hair down and see what it looks like.  I gave myself a home perm last night.  Last time I did this I used these little blue rods thinking it would give me these really neat looking curls.  Uhhhh, noooooooo.  Instead I had this really kinky looking hair that I wanted to shave off.  My hair hadn't been permed in years, but it used to be really hard to get it to take a perm.  Well, after almost a year I had to straighten it because it was driving me crazy.

So yesterday I bought these much larger tan rods and used them instead.  I am hoping that this will be just enough to give my hair some body and not be too kinky looking.  It looked okay last night, but it was still wet when I went to sleep.  I am hoping (see I can be hopeful) for some good results.  I don't think I can shampoo it until tomorrow, I'll have to go get the instructions and look them over again.

Well, have a wonderful holiday weekend and be safe.
Jill Marie

No comments: