Thursday, August 14, 2008

Good morning, here is are two home remedies for achy muscles.

Achy muscles

  • Mix 1 Tablespoon of Horseradish in a cup of Olive Oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a massage oil, for instant relief for aching muscles.
  • Place enough rice to fill up your sock and tie it tight with a rubber band. Put it in a microwave oven for a few minutes until it is as hot as you like. Makes a wonderful heat pack for any body aches, and you can take it anywhere because you don't need to plug it in. (Do NOT use minute rice)

Well I took my break from the journal just before David was suppose to leave for the National Guard training at the end of April.  So here is the story.  He had been to Cleveland several times for physical exams, etc.  He was approved and told he would leave for training on April 29th.

He got there and just before he was to leave they looked at him and said "Oops, we didn't notice your lazy eye.  We can't accept you."  Now David has never had any problems with his eye.  So he decided to fight for his right to serve his country.  He got letters of recommendation from his H.S. principal, a congressman and from an eye doctor who examined him.  He sent all this in toward the end of May or beginning of June.

In the meantime, he has been going every month to the base nearby for monthly trips to the National Guard and doing service there.  Yesterday he finally received word...they approved him to serve in the National Guard.  We're not sure yet when he will leave.  But as far as we know, he will definately be going to basic this time.  It's a bit of a shame because he would have just been getting done with his basic training around this time.

I see young people all around these day's who are too lazy to work at this or that job.  They seem to want everything handed to them on a silver platter just because they think they deserve it.  Or they live with mom and dad because they're too lazy to go get a full-time job.  How often do we hear of robbery's or drug dealing.  These are more people who want money the easy way.

I have to tell you it makes this momma very, very proud of her son who fought to be able to serve his country.  I must admit to being a bit afraid of what may come after the basic training, but no matter what...I will always and forever hold a special place in my heart for that little boy of mine who grew up to be such a dedicated American man.

Have a really great day.
Jill Marie

PS~ I just posted some pictures in my photo journal. 
http://journals.aol.com/jillannemarie/photo-journal/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your journal this morning and it sounded like one I could appreciate reading. I think I was right as I love all things as natural as possible and try to live that way:) I will read some more of your entries when I have more time. You are very welcome to visit my journal and hope you will:)..........alice

Anonymous said...

I can easily see why you are so very proud of him!  -  Barbara