Monday, August 18, 2008

Garlic Roast Recipe

Be sure to have some after dinner mints ready.  I love garlic flavor but it will do one heck of a number on your breath.  LOL

Roast Beef with Garlic Crust Recipe
Ingredients:
1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) chuck eye, rolled cross rib or prime rib roast
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
1. Wipe roast and place on roasting rack. Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic. Sauté 2 minutes pressing juice from garlic into oil. Discard garlic.
2. Mix in bread crumbs, parsley, salt and black pepper.
3. Press mixture onto roast, coating well. Insert roast thermometer in thickest portion of muscle.
4. Roast at 325 degrees F until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F for rare (18 to 20 minutes per pound) or 160 degrees F for medium (20 to 22 minutes per pound) or 170 degrees F for well done (22 to 24 minutes per pound).
5. Remove from oven; allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving.

The garlic-crumb coating helps keep juice inside the meat. It can be used on rump roasts or any other cut of meat with very little fat covering.

I added a picture to my Photo journal of Rylie and Samantha, if anyone wants to check it out.  Sammi stopped by for a visit yesterday and I got a picture of the girls sitting in my garden. 

My garden...sigh...this time of year is so depressing.  It's the end of the season...soon everything will start dying.  Yesterday I took some envelopes outside and started collecting seeds.  I got lots and lots of them.  Poppies...Cosmos...Bachelor Buttons...Marigolds...Poppies...Mallow...so sad.  I love the upcoming holidays, but I will so miss being outside in the sun everyday, working in the garden and playing with Rylie at the pool.

And besides...I've completely rearranged my house and have no idea where I am going to put a Christmas tree.  Sheesh...just 4 and half months till Christmas.  It will be time to start shopping before I know it.  LOL

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
Jill Marie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, are we long lost sisters or what?  When I saw your comment about being born in the wrong era, I completely connected!!  I live in Ohio and have spent most of my life in the Midwest where I feel that most women are happy being "like" us.  Lots of them work, but I too am happiest as a wife and mother.  You are truly blessed with your four children, and I look foward to my Sunday dinner (next weekend) of this lovely garlic roast.  Thanks so much for sharing.  Sue :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill. The roast really sounds so good, I think I can smell the garlic:).........alice
http://journals.aol.com/gitterdunna/walking-through-this-life