Thursday, November 8, 2007

Home remedy--cough with mucus

Good Morning and Welcome!  Ever have one of those mornings where you wake up and just feel all "poo-poo"?  Yeah...well this is NOT one of those days.  I slept like ...well, not so good.  My back hurts.  I haven't brushed my teeth yet, so I'm pretty sure I have halitosis, but I just feel really "peppy".  LOL  Don't ask me why because I have no idea.

Okay, on with the usual.  It's that season so here's a remedy that may come in handy.  Or you could do like I do when I get sick.  I take one does of nightquil and I sleep for over 12 hours.  LOL  I have a low tolerance for medications.

        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 
Please remember that these are remedies that have either been mailed onto me, or that I have found on the Internet.  I haven't tried them all and cannot guarantee the effectiveness of them.  Of course, you should always check with your physician before starting any type of medical regimen.
 
Mucus in Cough
  • Pour 1 cup boiling water over 1/2 tsp. each of ginger, ground cloves, and cinnamon. Filter. Sweeten with 1 tsp. honey and drink.
Hm, I could be in a super good mood because of the job.  At first I was a bit ambivilent about it all.  I mean come on now, I've been a stay-at-home mom for a long time.  It's been 7 years since I was even in the work force.  But now I am really looking forward to it.  I mean, I know I won't be bringing in that much money.  However, I really look forward to spending some time out among other adults. 
 
Funny thing...I've got so much going through my mind lately and it seemsthat the ol' man I live with only has one thought.  "Is he still going to get a hot dinner every night when he comes home."  If I look at that statement closely and think about it...it almost seems like a metaphor or some how symbolic of my life.  Kind of like this, it doesn't matter what I am going through or dealing with, but what people (not just the old man) want to know is how this is going to affect them.  Is what I've got to do, going to affect them in any way?
 
However, I have to take responsibility for that.  I tend to do for others, make everyone else the focus, and put myself on the back burner.  I don't expect much from other people in regards to myself.  I take what ever it is they give, whether it is enough or whether it is good or bad.  I'm not just talking materilistic things here.  I'm talking about emotional support, consideration, etc.
 
I think somewhere along the way I've lost parts of myself and just accepted it as a part of life.  I've uprooted my entire life and asked for little in return.  I've been a caretaker and let my own self go.  I'm not complaining, really, I enjoy being a caretaker, a partner, a mother, etc.  But I've made everyone else the center of my world and ignored myself. 
 
Don't get me wrong, I don't hold it against him for asking me if he was still going to get a hot meal every night.  This is a big change in our life, even if its just a simple part-time job.  He works hard all day long.  I do too, even if I'm just a stay-at-home mom.  But he does heating and air, out in the heat or icy cold.  It's back breaking work and I know that the one thing he enjoys coming home to, after he visits the rest of his family, is a hot meal. 
 
So yes, I will do my best to make sure the house is clean, the laundry is done and there is a hot meal on the table when he gets home.  However, if there comes a day when I can't get dinner done before I have to leave for work...well, his mom lives just a few streets over.  If she isn't home, his brother and sister-in-law live just down the street from her.  If they aren't home, his daughter lives just down the road too.  If she isn't home...well, heck theres a McDonalds just across the road.  LOL
 
Anyway, I called and got my schedule yesterday.  It's just a training week, so I'm on the schedule for only 12 hours.  I start Monday night.  I'm really excited.  I have been hired on as seasonal part-time help.  However, the manager and I already talked and it is possible that this could lead to a regular part-time job. 
 
My main problem at the moment is clothing.  I've been wearing mainly jeans for the past 7 years.  Jeans are not allowed at work.  I have one pair of khaki's.  I can probably get by for a week or so with those, but I'd really like to get at least one or two more pair of pants to wear to work.  I'm going to have to start watching the sales.  I don't want to have to spend alot of money for work clothes, because...well, this job is supposed to be for me to help bring in some extra money.  Not to have to spend money. 
 
Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: