Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Something to do with the kids...or even if you don't have kids

Good Wednesday morning!  Another night of little sleep, what little sleep I did get was messed up with crazy dreams and waking with a backache.  Just what I need the day before Thanksgiving, NOT!  My appointment is in 3 and 1/2 hours and I hope that goes better.

I got the floors swept and mopped yesterday.  I made about 100 meatballs and did a little laundry.  Just getting that much done was a real batttle though.  Since the doc took me off the Lisinopril and doubled up the Coreg I am really battling fatique.  The pharmacist warned me that the Coreg might make me sleepy...but this is just crazy. 

I am mega tired all day long, then when I do get to sleep I can't stay asleep or it is messed up with dreams.  I really hate the feeling of exhaustion.  Especially when I have so much to do.  Sometimes I wonder why I go to so much trouble and make so much food and stuff for the holidays.

Then I read something like this Thanksgiving dinner enty from the journal "Getting Older Aint For Sissies and Other Stuff" written by Mary Louise.  Then I think "yes, that's why".  My grandmother did all of this, my mother did it and they created wonderful memories and traditions for me and my brothers.  That's why I spend days and days preparing for a meal that will last maybe 30 or 45 minutes.

Okay, back to the title of this entry...something to do with the kids.  I found this site with some really wonderful artwork by a woman named Marilyn Scott-Waters.  She made these great little projects that you can print out, cut and glue together.  The best part of all?  It's all free!  All you do is go pick out a project and print it out.  If your interested go to the site, The Toymaker, and look through the projects.

I really love some of the things she has created and I think you'll find something that you like too.  While your there check out some of her other links.  There are Holiday projects, Firelight stories, her journal link, and some other things.  I believe Marilyn was blessed with a wonderful gift of creativity and I think it is really great that she is willing to share it so freely.  Thanks for the wonderful site Marilyn!

Well, I still have a lot to do and a doctors appointment this morning so I better get my bum in gear.  It is Pie day today...lots and lots of baking. 

Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: