Monday, November 19, 2007

Maybe, just maybe...

Hmm, I wasn't even going to mention this little thing that the doctor did find because it didn't seem to make a difference.  However, it's been at least 3 or 4 hours since my last spell, so maybe it did work.

The doctor looked in my ears...of course there is a lot of scarring in my left ear as it was damaged about 22 years ago when someone hit me in the head.  My ear drum was busted and I had to have surgery to repair it.

Anyway, he went to look in my other ear and I heard "What the heck is that?!  Kelly (the nurse) come look and tell me if I'm seeing things."  So Kelly took a look and was like "Oh my gosh.  What is that?"  They said it looked almost like a little pearl was stuck in my ear.

So he filled my ear with warm water and removed what turned out to be a small plastic like ball.  Eww!  How the heck....?!  The doctor didn't think it was the problem because it didn't explain the metallic feeling on my tongue.  I didn't think it was it either, as I continued to have spells into the afternoon.

However, as I've said, it's been several hours since my last spell...so I'm hopeful that it solved my problem.  Oh, and your probably wondering how the dang thing got in there.  I was too until I showed the ol' man and he said it looked like one of the little plastic things from Rylie's little stuffed lambs.

See she has made these little holes in her lambs feet and works the little beans out.  I find them all over the house when I run the sweeper.  And....I often find them lying in our bed.  Ah-ha!  I don't know how, but I guess one of the little boogers worked its way into my ear.  I'm praying that is it and that Rylie didn't put it in there when I was asleep.  LOL

Have a good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that , that was the whole problem and you have no more dizzy spells...glad they got it out!!

Hugs
Terri