Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cleaning tip--gum on clothing

Good Morning!  I found this tip for removing gum from clothing.  I'm not sure if it works, I'd never heard this before.

Gum On Clothing: Use egg whites to remove gum on clothing. Brush egg white onto gum with a toothbrush. Let sit for 15 minutes and then launder the items normally.

I might try it, if I ever need to...but if it doesn't work I'll just slap an ice cube on the gum, wait for it to freeze and then remove it.  That's how I've always gotten gum off carpet.  Although...peanut butter works really good for getting it out of hair.  I know it does because I had to do it to one of my kids.  However, the oil from the peanut butter would probably stain the clothing.

Have a great day!

Welcome to any new readers & hugs to all my friends! 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew about this when my boys were little!  If I ever get in the situation again I'll have to try this.

Monica

Anonymous said...

I heard WD40 will do it...lol