Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Laundry tip--Prevent fading

Good Morning.  Since the dark jeans look is in, this tip might help keep your jeans looking new longer.

Fading: Turn dark clothes inside out and wash in the coolest water possible; dry on lowest heat. For all-black clothes, throw in a box of black Rit® dye every 8-10 washes or so to keep black clothes black.

I don't know about the Rid dye...I'd be worried about the next load of clothes getting residual dye on them.  That part is kind of "iffy" to me.

Have a good day!
Welcome to any new readers & hugs to all my friends! 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do all my blacks together in cold water inside out but, never did the dye stuff.  Like you, think it would be iffy - what happens if the dye is still in the wash.  I guess you could just run the  machine without clothes or do a load of rags if you have that many!

This entry reminds me of a time my machine broke down and I went to the laundry mat, to dry our wash.  I tossed the clothes in and when I went to pull them out they had all kinds of new colors added!  Someone had stuck some crayons into the dryer!  What a mess and what a loss I took.  However it did get Mr Big X to fix the drier!  The most effected were his  uniforms.

Monica