- To ease toothache or other mouth pain, make a tea by boiling 1 Tbls. fresh peppermint in 1 cup water and adding a little salt. Peppermint is an antiseptic and contains menthol, which relieves pain when applied to skin surfaces.
- Oil of cloves -- put oil on cotton ball and pack next to pain or apply a drop directly on the tooth.
- A clove of garlic with a little rock salt should be placed on the affected tooth. It will relieve the pain and, sometimes, may even cure it.
- Take a "shot" to numb the pain. Hold a swig of whiskey over the painful tooth. Your gums will absorb some of the alcohol and that will numb the pain. Spit out the rest.
- Rinse with salty water. After each meal and at bedtime, stir 1 teaspoon of salt into an 8-ounce glass of water (at body temperature. Hold each mouthful, roll it around your mouth. Spit.
Rylie has a dentist appointment this evening. Wish me luck. She's been before, but I never really know what to expect from this child. I keep reminding her about the appointment. I ask her to open her mouth wide and show me her teeth. Then I tell her that is what the dentist is going to do and that he is going to look at them and count them all and clean them up so they look really, really pretty.
I remind her that she has very special teeth (her twin teeth) and that people are going to want to see them. The last time we went some of the people had never seen twin teeth before and they were coming in to "check" them out. So I just want her to be prepared for the possibility of several people coming in to see her "special" teeth.
I have some laundry to do and then the usual cleaning and meal planning. I may do some furniture re-arranging today, we'll see. Have a wonderful day.
Welcome to any new readers & hugs to all my friends!