Monday, April 14, 2008

Recipe--Contributed by Patty

Good Morning, today's recipe was send to me by Patty from When life gives you lemons.... make limeade .  Thanks Patty!  This sounds real yummy, although it also sounds like it will add about 3 inches to my bum, lol.

Bacon Crisp Sandwiches
Serves 4
8 Slices of Bacon
3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
4 Hoagie buns, sliced
2 Tomatoes, thickly cut {I use ROMA Tomatoes, so you might want more if you use them too}

Dip the Bacon slices in 1/2  cup Parmesan cheese and press to coat.

Place 4 slices of the coated Bacon on microwave safe paper towels {now if you run out of paper towels like I did last night use a plate with another plate to cover.} in a 12" x 8" micro. safe baking dish.

Cover with another sheet of paper towels.

Micro  on high for 3 to 4 mins or until Bacon is light golden brown.

Repeat with all the Bacon slices.

MEANWHILE, in a SMALL bowl, Mix the thyme,mayo,and the rest of the 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese and spread on the CUT sides of the Hoagie Buns.

Toast in Toaster oven or under Broiler until Cheese mix. bubbles. {I use my big oven at 425 until the Buns are toasted, 5 mins maybe..never did time it.}

Make sandwiches with the cooked Bacon, Tomatoes, and toasted Buns and serve right away.

Mmmm, sounds like a baked BLT...I might add some lettuce to it after it bakes.  I have everything I need except the tomatoes,  I'll have to get some this week and give this recipe a try.  Thanks so much for sharing your recipe Patty!

I had my first Video Memorial job this past week.  I received the photos on Tuesday night and had the project done by Thursday.  The Memorial was on Saturday in Oregon (the city, not the state) and I went to it.  It was a lovely service and I was glad I went.  I didn't know Anne, but her grandson works with Ray.  She seemed like a really beautiful soul and I'm sorry I didn't get to know her.

I love being able to provide this service for family and friends, although it can be a bit sad to look over someone's life and feel the love and pain the family is going through.  I'm glad that I can do something for the family that they really seem to appreciate though. 

Well, I have to get some chores done.  I have 2 doctor appointments this afternoon so I need to get some laundry and cleaning done this morning.  Rylie is going to Grandma B's while I'm at the drs.  She already has her tea party things packed and ready to go, lol.  Last night she told her dad "You go to work, Mommy go to doctor and I'm going to go play with Grandma.  We're playing kitchen and tea party."  She was real emphatic about him going to work which is funny because she usually tries to get him to stay home.

Have a terrific week and thanks for stopping by!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nah!! it's is all fat free and healthy for you!lolol......

of course if you used fat free bacon, lite mayo, wheat hogies, reduced fat cheese   it be might a healthy sandwich..


Patty