Monday, April 7, 2008

Recipe--Cream Soup Base

Good Monday Morning!  Ever wake up and just feel really happy?  Yeah, me neither, lol.  I'm always a bit of a bear for the first 15 minutes of the morning.  But after that first 15 minutes this morning...wooohooooo!  I just feel "HaPpY"   I've got my green tea, the washer is running and it just feels like it is going to be a good day. 

Yesterday was beeeee-U-tee-ful!  I actually walked outside barefoot, lol.  I went to take some stuff out to the compost pile and on the way back I stopped to clear a few leafes.  Well, that was all it took.  Next thing you know I am cleaning out the wee little pond we have.  Icky...the fishies didn't make it this year and that was just a really gross job.  After awhile Miss Rylie came out to check on me.  What would I do without that baby girl watching out for me?  lol

So, 2 hours later I finish with "taking stuff to the compost pile" and finally go inside.  It was just a really fantastic day.  I was a bit annoyed though, I still don't have my rake back and the leaf blower we borrowed didn't work.  So the I had to use my lil' 3 prong garden tool to clean up the leafs.

I told Rylie that as soon as it starts to warm up a bit more, we will make a trip down to the Farmers Market and pick up some flowers for the garden.  She has her momma in her because her answer was "YEAAAAAAA!"  lol  No, all she heard was the word Market and she knows that means shopping and to her, shopping = toys.

Okay, back to the reason for this entry today.  My mom sent me this recipe for a Cream Soup Base. 

CREAM SOUP BASE
1 cup dry milk
1 T onion flakes
2 T cornstarch
2 T chicken bouillon
½ teas each basil, thyme, pepper (or use 1½ poultry seasoning)
Add 2 cups water
Use with veggies, chicken, etc.

I e-mailed her back and asked if I could use the recipe to make Cheesy Broccoli Soup.  She wrote back and said "Yes, or mushroom, tomato, meat, whatever you want."  So there ya go, make your own soup this week.

Have a wonderful week and thanks for visiting!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im glad you enjoyed your day