Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Cleaning! Blpppphhhttt!

I wish I had stock in this...Image Hosted by ImageShack.us  I have been doing so much cleaning with bleach this week, I think my skin is about to start peeling off.  I know, I know...that's what they make those big ugly yellow gloves for.

So early last week I started to clean out our bedroom closet.  Anyone remember what I found in there the last time I started to clean it?  I'll give ya a hint...it was in late November.  And it was real "ewwie", lol.

That's right, evidence of our friend, Fat Freddy.  Our winter season little mouse.  The one that would go find chocolate and then eat it under our bed.  By the way, we haven't seen hair nor turd of him for several months now.  Thank the Lord.

Anyway, this time I went to slide a box of about 30 or 40 video's across the floor.  I use to work at a video store so I was able to buy them real cheap and have a bunch of them.  But it seemed hard to move, so I tried to pick it up.  That's when I noticed it.  The bottom of the box was all wet.  Oh-mah-gosh...we had a leak.

I had to move everything out of the closet and into our room.  Which is where it stayed all week, driving this "Anal Annie" crazy, lol.  Ray thought it might be the seal on the toilet leaking and waited until the weekend to have his brother, John, help him.

In the meantime, I spent all last week keeping Ms Nosey-Butt-I-wanna-touch-everything out of all the boxes.  Boxes of videos (which had to be dried off, and I hope they still work), boxes of shoes, boxes of Christmas decorations and gifts for next year.  Yes!  I already have a box of gifts for next year...I told ya, Anal Annie, lol.

So Saturday Ray and John got in there and looked at it and discovered it was a leaky pipe going into the water heater, which is located on the other side of the closet wall.  They got it fixed...YEA boys! 

So I got a bottle and filled it with Bleach and a little water and sprayed down the walls and the carpet.  I don't want any mold to get started growing in there.  I set the fan in the closet and on Sunday when the carpet was all dried I poured carpet deodorized on and let it set up a bit and then vacuumed.  Then I organized my closet again...YEA!

By the way...yes, my clothes are organized by color.  They go black, white, beige and tans, pinks, reds, purples, blues and then greens.  Mine are on blue hangers and Ray's are on green hangers. 

Today I cleaned the kitchen floor and the laundry area floor with a spray bottle filled with bleach and water.  It would seem to be a bit crazy to get down on my hands and knees and spray the floor and scrub it by hand, huh?  But it actually seems to be the easiest way to get it really clean.  Go figure. 

I also did a load of laundry.  I went and got Rylie some diapers and butt paste (Boudreux's Butt paste is great for rashes by the way).  I stopped and got her some milk and juice. 

I cleaned up Rylie's bedroom and ran the sweeper.  While she ran and jumped on the sofa.  She still hates the sweeper with a passion.  All I have to say is "I think I need to run the sweeper" and she takes off running for the safety of the sofa. 

Oh, I also cleaned the shower and garden tub in the master bathroom.  Hmm, which reminds me, I need to go in there and clean the toliet and wash the mirror off. 

Well, that is all I've gotten accomplished today.  I just love to get everything all cleaned and organized.  It just feels like I got something good accomplished and everything is in place.  Which is soothing to me, lol.

Well, I got some time before the ol' man will be home.  He is working late tonight, and Rylie just fell asleep about half an hour ago.  So I think I will enjoy my quiet time and either play a game or work on some Paint shop things.  Have a great one.

HUGS!

~Jill Marie

No comments: