Friday, March 31, 2006

A few quick things

Okay, so Rylie has been the usual spunky 2 year old the past few weeks.  A few clean up tips that I believe I've posted in the past.  I've had to use these the past few weeks and want to pass them on, again.

Using alcohol for ink on walls, it works...to a certain degree.  It removed most of the ink from the wall, however if you look closely you can still see where Rylie thought the wall needed some art work.  When you use this method you have to put a little elbow grease into it.

A tip from my sister in law, Cathy, is to use shaving cream on carpet spots.  At first when she was telling me this I was like "okaaay, yeah sure", lol.  But it really does a great job.  I put the shaving cream on the offending stain and had a little bowl with water and a rag.  I rubbed in the shaving cream with my finger tips, and then dipped the rag in the water and continued to work the stain.  This even worked on some grape juice stains that I didn't know were on Rylie's bedroom carpet. 

The drain in the bathroom sink was really smelling bad.  So I poured some baking soda in it and followed that with a little bit of vinegar.  No more smelly sink!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A re-post of a meal idea.  I've made this for dinner a few times now, and it is always a hit.   

CHEAP ROAST

"Cheap" Round Bone or Blade Cut Roast

1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

1 can cream of mushroom soup

Aluminum foil, wide heavy duty

Preheat oven to 350degrees. Tear off about 2 1/2 to 3 feet of foil. Fold in half. Lay roast in middle of foil. Spread both soups over roast. Wrap and seal so juices won't drip out. Cook 3 hours at 350degrees. Be careful when you unwrap foil, so juices don't spill. Great because the cleanup is so easy!

This makes its own gravy that is really good.  I get a cheap roast at Aldi's (usually about $4 or $5) that is kind of small, so I only have to cook it for about an hour and a half.  Ialso throw some potatoes and carrots on top to cook with the roast. 

The thing is that Ray had been complaining about the roast that I was buying at Aldi's until I made it this way.  Last night after we had this for dinner he just kept complimenting me on the dinner and how good the meat was.  It is a good home cooked meal that is super easy.  Just throw some biscuits in the oven and your all set to go!

Have a great Friday!  Hugs!

Jill Marie

No comments: