Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tuesday Tip-Spring cleaning

Good Morning!  I'm sorry I missed ya'll with yesterdays Monday menu idea.  However, I am having a wee bit of a computer problem here.  It appears that I blew up my Paint shop program when I tried using a filter program with it.  Now I can't open my program and I can't even get it removed from my computer to put it back on.  Grrrrr.

Oh well, on with the Tuesday cleaning tip.  Since yesterday was the first official day of spring today I am posting some spring cleaning tips that my mom forwarded on to me in an email.  I believe they come from a site that is called collections etc

             Spring Cleaning Tips

With Spring on its way, many of us are thinking about Spring cleaning. Being the season of renewal, Spring is the best time to rid your home of things you no longer use or need, to reorganize, and to redecorate. While Spring cleaning is generally not something looked upon fondly, we’ve put together some tips to help make it a little easier and much more fun. Here are five great tips for clearing up the Spring cleaning blues.


Open the windows in each area you clean.
Not only will this allow the Winter mustiness out and fresh Spring air in, but it will help prevent a buildup of harmful fumes from cleaning supplies.

Make your own streak-free glass cleaner
by mixing 2 cups of water, 2 cups of rubbing alcohol, and 1/2 cup of ammonia in a spray bottle. Spray glass windows, doors, and mirrors, and use a clean, cotton cloth to wipe dry. The ammonia will clean; and the alcohol will speed up drying time and eliminate streaks. Never mix ammonia and bleach--the solution is toxic!

Clean it all out!
Go through closets and get rid of everything you haven't worn in the last year. Make a detailed list ofitems (i.e. 2 pair ladies dress slacks, 1 man's belt, etc.), and take your items to a charity. Remember to get a receipt, and you can claim it on next year's tax return as a deduction! You'll be amazed at how much your "stuff" is worth.

Sprinkle baking soda on your carpeting
and let it sit overnight. The baking soda will absorb musty odors during the night. Vacuum it up in the morning and you'll be amazed at how fresh your home will be.

Play some upbeat music to keep you going.
It’s amazing how much faster time flies when you’re listening to music you enjoy.

By the way, if you have small childre like I do, give them a clean rag and an empty hairspray bottle and let them "help" you.  I usually ask Rylie (2 yrs this Sunday) to help me clean or with the laundry, and she absolutely loves it.  What a great way to teach your children to help out around the house, make it a game that they enjoy while they are young.

Have a great day!  Hugs!

~Jill Marie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!  I write some tips and trainings for a site, www.uClean.com and I think I'll take a few of the ideas you've shared and share them with some of our users!  Thanks for the tips!