Friday, April 14, 2006

Late Home Remedy Tip

                        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hiccups

  • Drink 1/2 glass water, slowly.
  • Keep a tsp. of sugar in your month and suck slowly.
  • Suck 2-3 small pieces of fresh ginger. This helps in hiccups which keep occurring again and again.
  • Take a large mouthful of water with out swallowing, plug both ears, and slowly begin to swallow the water. Unplug your ears and you're hiccup free!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rylie personality is just blossoming...she is too cute.  I love when she stands there with her hands on her little hips and just looks around, or stares at me while I am talking to her.  Or she will cross her little arms over her chest when someone is talking and get this look on her face like she is thinking "yeah, whatever", lol. 

Her lack of patience continues to try our patience.  When she gets fed up or just plain old angry she will sweep her arm across the coffee table and knock whatever toys (or her snack) onto the floor while screaming bloody murder.

The other day she had a pile of pillow and blankets on the floor.  She was told no or not to do something, so she proceeded to grab each pillow and blanket and whatever toys where nearby and toss them about 2 feet away.  Each time she grabbed another one she looked to make sure her dad and Aimee were watching her.  It was kind of like "Oh yeah?  Well take this!"  LOL, not that anyone cared.  It was her pile of pillows and blankets.

We still have a problem with her banging her head on the wall when she gets really mad.  Or if someone leaves the house and she doesn't want them to, she will bang her head and/or hands on the door.

She is definately a strong willed and defiant little thing.  Although it makes parenting her more of a challenge, I'm kind of glad that, even at this young of an age, she realizes what she wants and tries to stand up for herself.  As her parents, however, I realize that it is our job to teach her how to stand up for herself in a more acceptable and productive manner. 

I was reading one of the local parenting newspapers and saw an ad for a dancing class.  They allow you to enroll children as young as 2 and 1/2 years old.  Rylie will still be too young for the June classes.  However, if we can afford to, I would love to enroll her in the classes starting in August.  She absolutely looooves to dance.  Whether it is a Disney show or a commercial, if she hears some music that she likes she will jump up, grab my hand and start dancing around the living room.

Yesterday we were working in the garden and had the radio on.  She loved being outdoors, but when she started fussing about something I grabbed her hand and started dancing with her in the yard.  She was laughing and "singing", it was a blast. 

For the most part, she was in the shade, which is a good thing.  When I came in at the end of the day, and started to cool off, I realized that I had gotten sunburned on my back.  Hmm, I can't remember the last time I got sunburned in April, lol.  Oh, I am not complaing, I love this weather!  Today we are supposed to get as high as 81.  YEA!!!

Well, have beautiful Good Friday and an absolutely wonderful Easter weekend.  God bless ya'll.

Hugs.  Jill Marie

No comments: