Tuesday, April 18, 2006

"Homework"

Okay, I know I have been a bit forgetful with this journal and have been downright lazy with my graphics journal (Coloring Inside the Lines) and I apologize about that.  However, I've been having a bit of a creative overflow in another area lately.

After getting started with the graphics thing, I started doing some things that I could print out.  I did one little thing with a baby poem and picture of a baby, personalized with the childs name and gave it as a baby shower gift.  Another woman liked it and asked me to make one for her grandchild.  So I got to thinking..."Could I make some extra money doing this?"

So now I've got some templates ready to be personalized and some samples printed up.  I'm also working on something for parents with adopted children.  I just have to figure out how to go about doing this.  I thought of taking some samples into a local childrens re-sale shop along with some business cards and seeing if they would let me display them there.  Then people could call me with their orders. 

So I have to come up for a name for this little venture.  I was thinking about "Personally Yours!"...does that sound lame?  Anyone have a good suggestion?  Anyone have any ideas on this whole idea?  Good idea or just plain lame? 

Well, that is what I have been up to lately.  I start working on one of these projects, decide I don't like the way it looks and start all over.  I have one solid template for a baby boy and one for a baby girl.  Eventually I want to do something for weddings, anniversary's, graduation, etc. 

Someone suggested doing it on E-bay, but I think I want to stick to just doing this locally to begin with.  I want to see what kind of response I get, and what I (as a stay at home mom) and able to do with my time.

Have a great evening!

Hugs!  Jill Marie

No comments: