Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Okay, how many are amazed to see that I made it in here for my Monday entry?  Yeah, me too.  For some reason this day always seems to slip my mind.  Oh well, here is a dinner menu idea.

Spaghetti Casserole

1/2 lb spaghetti
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 can (10 1/2 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato soup
1 soup can of water
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup shredded processed cheese

Cook spaghetti in 4 quarts boiling water 7-8 minutes.  Drain and rinse.  Brown beef and cook onion and pepper in butter until tender; stir to seperate meat particles.  Add soups, water and garlic; heat.  Blend with 1/2 cup cheese and cooked spaghetti in a 3 quart casserole; top with remaining cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbling and hot.  Serves 4-6.

*I will sometimes sneak veggies into my sauce.  That way the family is getting those essential vitamins and things that they don't like.  I put the veggies in the food processor along with the sauce and they family never even knows they are eating them.

I also make some of those cheap-o biscuits when I serve spaghetti.  Except I spray them with a butter flavor non-stick spray and then sprinkle garlic salt on them.  I can get the biscuits for 25 cents a roll...way cheaper than a loaf of garlic bread, and the family really seems to like the rolls fixed this way.

Eclair Pie  (Thanks for the recipe Shawna!)


1 Pkg. french vanilla instant pudding
1 Container cool whip
1 Container Chocolate frosting
1 Box Graham crackers


Prepare pudding as directed, fold in cool whip.
Layer graham crackers (whole crackers, no need to crumble) with pudding mixture in a rectangular pan, keep layering until mixture is gone, ending with crackers on top.  Meltfrosting (in microwave) and pour over top.  Refridgerate for 2 hours or until chilled, cut and serve.

Have a wonderful week!  Hugs!  Jill Marie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As an Italian I cringe at the thought of a can of cream of mushroom and a can of tomato soup being considered 'spagetti sauce' LOL LOL!!!

That eclair pie does sound nice though! ;)

~Danielle