These are a couple of steak recipes I found at Better Homes and Gardens. Enjoy!
Garlic Steaks with Nectarine-Onion Relish
4 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds total)
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 medium nectarine, chopped
2 teaspoons snipped fresh applemint, pineapplemint, or spearmint
Fresh applemint, pineapplemint, or spearmint (optional)
1. Trim fat from steaks. With the point of a paring knife, make small slits in steaks. Insert half of the garlic into slits. Wrap steaks in plastic wrap; let stand at room temperature up to 20 minutes. (For more intense flavor, refrigerate up to 8 hours.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, for relish, in a large nonstick skillet cook onions and remaining garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 10 minutes or until onions are a deep golden color (but not brown), stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar and honey. Stir in nectarine and the 2 teaspoons mint; heat through.
3. Grill steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat to desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare and 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness.) Serve the relish with steaks. If desired, garnish with additional mint. Makes 4 servings.
Make-Ahead Tip: Up to 8 hours ahead insert garlic slices into meat. Wrap and refrigerate.
Peppered Ribeye Steaks with Grilled Sweet Peppers
4 10- to 12-ounce beef ribeye steaks, cut 1 inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 recipe Grilled Peppers (see recipe below)
1. Trim fat from meat. Brush steaks with oil. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, lemon-pepper seasoning, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. Cover steaks and chill for 1 hour.
2. Place steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill until desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 11 to 15 minutes for medium-rare doneness [145 degree F] or 14 to 18 minutes for medium doneness [160 degree F].) Cut steaks into serving-size pieces. Serve with Grilled Peppers. Makes 8 servings.
Grilled Peppers: Seed and quarter 4 yellow, red, and/or orange sweet peppers. Brush peppers with 4 teaspoons olive oil. Place pepper quarters on grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and lightly browned, turning once. Remove peppers from grill; cool slightly. Cut peppers into wide strips. Place peppers in bowl. Add 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar; toss well. Serve immediately or cool to room temperature
As soon as I get done with them I'll post some neat little pictures I took recently.
Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!