Facial Cleanser Recipes
- Mix 2 Tbls. cornstarch, 2 Tbls. glycerin, and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Heat in a small pan placed in a water bath inside another pan. Heat until thick and clear; it will have the consistency of pudding. Do not boil. Cool completely, Use in place of soap to cleanse your skin. (If mixture is too thick, you may thin it by adding a little water, 1 Tbls. at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.)
- For a gentle facial cleanser mix 1/2 cup oatmeal or cornmeal and plain yogurt (add enough yogurt to form a paste). Smooth over entire face avoiding eye area. Wash off with warm water.
- Oat and Brown Sugar Scrub- Mix 2 Tbsp. ground oats, 2 tsp. brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. aloe vera and 1 tsp. lemon juice in a clean bowl until you have a smooth paste. Gently massage onto damp skin, and rinse off with warm water. You can triple the recipe for a fantastic smoothing body treatment. **Ground Oats: use rolled oats and a clean coffee grinder or blender to grind the flakes to a fine powder.
- Apple Facial Mask (oily skin that is acne prone) Mix 1 medium size apple (grated), 5 tablespoons of honey to make a mask. Smooth over skin then let sit for 10 minutes, rinse off with cool water.
- Banana Facial Mask (dry skin) Mash 2 bananas with a fork...dont over mash or it will be too runny. Add some honey* if desired. Smooth over skin, let sit for 10 minutes, rinse off with cool water.
- Peach Facial Mask (normal skin) Cook 1 peach until its soft, mash with a fork, add 1 Tbs honey and oatmeal until its a thick consistency. Apply to skin. Let sit for 10 minutes, rinse well with cool water.
Sammi and I have plans to do some birthday shopping tomorrow. It is something that we haven't been able to do much of for the past several years and I am very excited. I love spending time with her. She is such an awesome kid. By the way, she is at her new job. No more working 2 jobs as this one is really great and she will have full benefits after the first 90 days. I am so proud of her.
I love ya Tink!