Good Morning! I hope everyone had a great 4th of July.
Back to the same ol', same ol'. Holidays in the middle of the week are not nearly as much fun as those on Monday or Friday.
Please remember that these are remedies that have either been mailed onto me, or that I have found on the Internet. I haven't tried them all and cannot guarantee the effectiveness of them. Of course, you should always check with your physician before starting any type of medical regimen.
- Eat boiled sweet potatoes seasoned with salt and pepper before bedtime to cure chronic diarrhea.
- For some people eating blueberries works very well.
- Get BRATTY. BRATTY is an anagram for bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea and yogurt. It's recommended that diarrhea sufferers follow a diet that consists solely of these foods until the condition has been alleviated, since these foods have the effect of adding bulk to the intestines--thus relieving runny stools. Additionally, the pectin in applesauce should help firm bowel movements, and the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt can help restore the ecology of an ailing stomach.
- Buttermilk is one of the most effective home remedies in the treatment of diarrhea. Buttermilk is the residual milk which is left oven, after fat has been removed from curd by churning.
- Cardamom-Take about 1/4 teaspoon of powder of cardamom seeds and boil them with tea water. Add a bit of sugar for taste and drink.
- Water, Sugar and Salt Solution-This solution is an essential medicine for diarrhea. It is effective treatment for adults as well as for children and infants. Add lime juice (sour/sweet) or orange juice to taste. For adults, a mixture of 1 liter of water , 1 teaspoon of salt and 8 teaspoons of sugar is good for curing diarrhea. For children, 1 liter of water is added with ¾ teaspoon of salt and 8 level teaspoons of sugar.
*If your diarrhea lasts more than 2 days, see a doctor. Also seek medical help if your diarrhea involves tummy cramps, fever, jaundice or rashes, or if your stools contain mucus, blood, pus or abdominal cramps.
Poor thing. She was getting grumpy...which meant mommy was getting grumpy. It can be hard to deal with when she just starts whining and wants this or that, but not really. Then she starts in with "I want Papa. I want to see Papa" and crying a little bit. It just about broke my heart. We finally came home around mid-night and she went right to sleep.
I've got a few calls to make this morning and an excercise machine that is just screaming my name, LOL. Have a good one!