Thursday, July 26, 2007

Home Remedy--Fatigue

            Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 
Please remember that these are remedies that have either been mailed onto me, or that I have found on the Internet.  I haven't tried them all and cannot guarantee the effectiveness of them.  Of course, you should always check with your physician before starting any type of medical regimen.
 
Fatigue
  • Take a glass of grapefruit and lemon juice in equal parts to dispel fatigue and general tiredness after a day's work.

I know...Ewww!  I wonder if it would still work if I added some sugar to it.  Or better yet, a wee bit of gin and some 7-up!  Okay, I could handle that now, LOL.  Although the gin might be just the thing that would send me into a 2 hour nap. 

In doing some research to try to find other suggestions I also found sites that recommend doing a bit of exercise when your feeling tired.  That will get your endorphins going and re-charge you. 

Speaking of which, as soon as I get off this computer, I need to get my cardio done.  Here's the thing, the last time I went to the doctor my numbers weren't too good and he upped my blood pressure prescription dosage.  He also said that he thinks my chest pains and extreme fatigue have to do with some heart disease.

The ER doctor wanted me to have a stress test done.  My doctor said that a stress test on women doesn't give very accurate results.  The only way to definitely know is to have a particular test done.  I can't remember what test he said.  I think it was either a scan or something a bit more invasive.  But since I don't have insurance it isn't something that we will do anyway.

So he wants me to walk 2 miles every day.  Well, I've got a 3 year old...can you imagine how long that walk would take?  Especially since she hasn't wanted to sit in her stroller since she started walking.  She is a very independent little girl.  I also have a wee bit of a problem with arthritis in my knees.  So I've been using this glider contraption and trying to do it once or twice a day for 30 minutes at a time.  It still gets my heart rate up which I think is what he basically wants me to do.

It's not too bad, except that sometimes my feet slip and I feel like a completely uncoordinated goof.  But I turn on the radio and listen to that and the time goes pretty quickly.  It's best when Rylie sleeps late and then I have time to do everything I want to get done in the morning before she wakes up.

Well, it is about 8:30 so I better get moving and get on that contraption and get my time in before the wee one wakes up.  Ya understand that according to Rylie the world revolves around her and once she awakens I am to devote my every thought, word and deed to her, right?  LOL 

Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pull her on a wagon or you could pull her behind a bike in one of those contraptions I see or pay the older ones to watch her that always works lol
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

I was getting up at 5am and working out to some of the 1/2 hour exercise shows on FitTV that I would record.  I did it fairly regularly for a few months and was feeling so much better.  Energy increased, flexibility increased and, best of all, my bone density increased (was just recently tested and she remarked that I must be walking and/or exercising!).  Now I haven't worked out in about 3 months and I can tell it.  I'm working on psyching myself back into it!  It's so worth it.  Even if you can just find 10-15 minutes a couple of times a day, you'll notice the difference.  Good luck!  Linda