Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cleaning/Laundry tip--Ink stains

Good Morning!  I have had to use this tip many times.  However, I am usually dealing with small ink stains on fabric or artwork left on the walls by my little Picasso.  Usually just rubbing alcohol onto the stain works for me.  If you have a huge ink spill I'm not sure how well this will work.  However, I guess it's better to give it a try rather than just throwing the garment away.

Ink Stains:
  • The best way I have found to get out ink stains is to put rubbing alcohol on the stain - it disappears! This must be done before washing.
  • Pour a small amount of milk in a bowl. Rinse area in the milk. The milk will get inky. Pour it out and repeat with a fresh bowl of milk. Repeat till no more ink comes out. Rinse in cold water then wash as usual.
  • Make a paste with oxi-clean, or similar product, and let it sit on the stain for several minutes.  Rinse with cold water.  Apply the oxi paste again if necessary.
  • If all else fails, try using nail polish remover.  Place nail polish remover in an old bowl and soak the item for several hours. Then use a nail cleaning brush and scrub the area with soap and water. Repeat if needed.  However, this does not do well on some fabric types and should NOT be used on  acetate or rayon fabrics.

After speaking with someone else who does Photo-Montage work, it looks as though I may be able to begin my business sooner than I had originally thought.  One of my biggest obstacles was that I thought I had to have a really expensive computer to be able to begin doing this.  However, it now appears as though I could get my business up and running for probably under $500. 

Thank you Mr. Emery!  Everything seemed a little overwhelming and a wee bit impossible as I thought I would need a couple thousand to get started.  Now my dream of a home based business actually seems to be within my reach.  I won't lie and say that I'm not a bit afraid.  I mean $500 is a lot less than several thousand, but it's still a lot of money for us to invest.  

What if no one likes my work?  What if no one wants what I am offering?  What if we invest the money and it's just a total loss?  Grrrr...positive thoughts Jill Marie!  Success means taking a chance.  Not having the courage to try is worse than failure.  Right? 

Okay, I am off to check out the software that was recommended to me by Mr. Emery.  I am so thankful to have someone willing to give me a bit of advice and share some of his knowledge with me.  Otherwise, I'd still be sitting here trying to figure out how to come up with thousands of dollars. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: