Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thanks Dornbrau!

What a long and tiring day.  Today was Rylie's birthday party.  I woke up about 7:30 this morning and got started with my cleaning, decorating and getting everything ready for the 1 PM party.

Mom, my sister-in-law Cindy and her 3 boys were the first to show up.  Then Samantha arrived with yet another birthday present for her little sister.  Sammi had come up on Wednesday, the 26th Rylie's actual birthday, and brought her pink sandals, a dress and I don't even remember what all.  (I've seen so much birthday paper and tissue fly today) 

Samantha and her boyfriend, Matt, are taking Rylie to the Shriners Circus tomorrow at 2 PM.  That was another part of her birthday present that she got today.  Along with a shirt, skirt, High School Musical hair things and gold sandals.  I told Sammi not to spoil Rylie...sigh...

Mom also brought a cute little outfit and some gardening supplies.  Cindy brought Rylie the cutest little dress that her cousin Jacob picked out for her and some head bands.  Aunt Div brought 2 beautiful little dresses.  Aimee & Bobby brought her a sticker book and some fun (and mess making) projects.  (I'll get ya back for that one day Aim!  LOL)  Uncle John and Aunt Cathy brought a cute little (stuffed) puppy in a purse carrier.  Grandma Blossom brought a kit to make a stepping stone.  Aunt Cindy and Uncle Bob brought the cutest little fairy costume.  I know I am forgetting some one and some other presents...ugh!  My mind is a bog of tissue paper, boxes, dresses and toys...it's all just running together.  I'm sorry if I forgot anyone! 

Daddy and I got Rylie a bunch of Princess things.  It seemed appropriate since lil' miss wants to be a princess when she grows up.  I even got her a little porcelain Princess tea set.  I told her that since she is a  big girl of 4 she can have one now, she just has to be very, very careful. 

After everyone left we went over to Uncle Bob & Aunt Cindys house for a while.  I felt terrible about it, but I was having trouble keeping my eyes open.  I couldn't believe I felt so tired.  I was just going to get on here and read my mail quick, but thought I better make a bit of an entry after reading some of my alerts.  It seems that Dornbrau-Dust Bunny Club of North America is this weeks guest editor and has chosen me as one of her Journal picks.  How cool is that?

Even better than just that is the wonderful things she had to say about me and my wee lil' journal.  Oh!  Dust Bunny Club Mother of the Year!  Thank you for the wonderful compliments.  What an honor to have someone choose your journal to mention when there are some many wonderful writers out there.  I'll definately have to go and check out the other journals when my eye lids don't feel like they weigh 5 lbs each. 

Happy Saturday and thank you for visiting! 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being a guest editor's pick! -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

A well deserved award.  You pur a lot of work into making our lives easier, and I'm glad that she chose to honor you.

God bless-
Amanda
http://iammommy.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

Dear Jill Marie,
I am thrilled to note how much you care about your family!
You go girl!
I think that the way you take to kids to putings and share in theri life is very commendable!
love,natalie
Lurkynat

Anonymous said...

Dear Jill Marie,
Big Congrats!
a different note,
too many typos I left!
outings and their
hugggggggggggggggggggggs
natalie